back in the family down Austin Texas way

Old 07-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default back in the family down Austin Texas way

i bought this cherokee for my wife 7 years ago off a used car lot.i was not alot to modify "jeepy" as i wanted we drove it everywhere as it was our "reliable" car for i have an old shovelhead and we have had numerous old cars.a couple years ago we sold it to a friend of ours and he rearended someone and knocked her out of commission.we were living out in Tucson and i had a 92 bronco i was trailing with.anyway i wanted to get my cherokee back and when we movbed back home i started asking hime what he was gonna do.even offered him to help him fix her.he procrastinated then told me he was gonna sell it off.after a couple monhs i scored her back for 400.craigslisted a radiator new grill fan and fabbed up a bumper and roadsign skidplate.bought 3 inch lift springs in the front and two inch shackles in the rear.the drivers fender was pretty crunched so i decided to just cut all the wheel wells and straighten it best i can.next i want to fab up a rear gate for tire and can and get some $ up for 32 or 33s.its a 4.0 and 5 speed.and i look forward to the info and the rides on the forum.ive been watching for the last month or so since i got her up and going.i also am down to go get in some dirt so im excited to meet some other Texans that want to go out trailing.thanks du$ty
Attached Thumbnails back in the family down Austin Texas way-xj2.jpg   back in the family down Austin Texas way-xj3.jpg  
Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Welcome, I like your rims.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 PM

Year: 1997 limited
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 318 v8

nice job buddy
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 AM

yeah i like the rims too.dont see that style much.im hoping i can run some 32s on them ok so i can keep 'em.thanks for the welcomes and such!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 AM

Year: 2000

Welcome back to the forum!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1991

Originally Posted by du$ty
i bought this cherokee for my wife 7 years ago off a used car lot.i was not alot to modify "jeepy" as i wanted we drove it everywhere as it was our "reliable" car for i have an old shovelhead and we have had numerous old cars.a couple years ago we sold it to a friend of ours and he rearended someone and knocked her out of commission.we were living out in Tucson and i had a 92 bronco i was trailing with.anyway i wanted to get my cherokee back and when we movbed back home i started asking hime what he was gonna do.even offered him to help him fix her.he procrastinated then told me he was gonna sell it off.after a couple monhs i scored her back for 400.craigslisted a radiator new grill fan and fabbed up a bumper and roadsign skidplate.bought 3 inch lift springs in the front and two inch shackles in the rear.the drivers fender was pretty crunched so i decided to just cut all the wheel wells and straighten it best i can.next i want to fab up a rear gate for tire and can and get some $ up for 32 or 33s.its a 4.0 and 5 speed.and i look forward to the info and the rides on the forum.ive been watching for the last month or so since i got her up and going.i also am down to go get in some dirt so im excited to meet some other Texans that want to go out trailing.thanks du$ty
Looks good dusty. I really like what you did with the front bumper and skid. I wonder if you can add more to the bumper if you ever want to mount a winch.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 AM

i do have a lil room to mount a winch.not sure if i will or not.a buddy in dallas has some procomp lights im gonna mount in the stinger which will be nice.i couldnt stick with the red.its got its hunter face on now.ive done gone camo.not for everyone but im into it alot.im about 3/4 of the way done with the paint and then im gonna clear it.ill get picks up once i have them.thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1991

Originally Posted by du$ty
i do have a lil room to mount a winch.not sure if i will or not.a buddy in dallas has some procomp lights im gonna mount in the stinger which will be nice.i couldnt stick with the red.its got its hunter face on now.ive done gone camo.not for everyone but im into it alot.im about 3/4 of the way done with the paint and then im gonna clear it.ill get picks up once i have them.thanks
I tell u what man. I like that look. I might have to talk you into making one for me bro. Ps I'll hit u up next trip we have to hidden falls
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM

thanks dude,it turned out real nice and only took us a couple of hours.it sucks i sold my welder awhile back so i have to go to my buddies rod shop out bastrop way,but it kinda rules because he has so many bad as tools like the punches and a great pro miller.and hes such a good pro fabricator if i get kinda brain froze.next im gonna build my rear bumper airtank and tire rack.hopefully the next two weeks or so.

trails!!! as a matter of fact the wife and i were doing a lil hill country cruise yesterday to marble falls in her dodge caliber by way of cedar park and when i went though lago i was wondering where those old abandoned roads were and then i passed hidden falls..it was like torture hahaha.im jonein to get out. i got these bull**** 235 wranglers but the will have to do until i can score some 31- 33 decent tires.which will be awhile on my shoestring budget..i know ya'll know how that is.damn tires got $$$