Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my lift ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default got my lift ordered!

Alright! After asking numerous questions here the last few weeks i think i designed a decent set up. I ordered OME 2.25 medium duty leaf packs, rusty's 2" front coils, nitro 8000 shocks for the front i have adjustable air shocks in back from summit so wont replace those yet only a year old and designed for towing and hauling , i also got 2" daystar front bump stops i will just make spacers for the back for the now. So thanks everyone for the advise you gave me and as soon as i get stuff put on i'll get pics up also i wanted to run 265/75/15 my wife has them on her colorado and they look sweet they bout 31x10.5 i dont want to trim my fender want my flares to stay on too i dont mind triming the bumper guards a little if i have too was planing on changing the bumpers out eventually any ways i have seen alot of pics with a 2" lift and 31" tires some trimmed some not some say they rub some say they dont should i go for it or play it safe with some 30x9.5 or can i get a 30x10.5 i have stock rims with stkck bs will adjust steer stops and wheel spacers if i need too. Thanks for all the input gentleman
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 PM

alrighty i hope to be installing the above parts to my jeep tomorrow (tuesday) have a friend coming over to help out have an open bay in garage to keep out of the elements weather was supposed to be good but surprise good ol NY state it changed again it never stays good for long this time of year oh well that wont stop this guy will post pics very soon as long as everything goes ok tomorrow!!! thank you CF members for answering my questions the ones i asked and the ones i searched for and found.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Engine: I6

Be interested to see how you like the Rustys coils, and also how much lift those rear springs actually gave you.

Which rear springs are they? model # 934???
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM

not sure the numbers on them are CS03 4RA here is the link for them from morris 4x4 where i bought them and ill let you know how they ride

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/old-man...b-cs034ra.html
Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 AM

Year: 1996

Those are the same leaf packs I plan on purchasing here very soon, I'll be interested to see how your install goes and the lift you get on those leafs.

BTW, on stock wheels I'm sure you're going to have issues rubbing with 31's on a 2" lift. Not sure if adjusting the stops will be enough. Spacers might be needed, but for about the same price you can get some d-windows from Jegs (about $192 shipped for 4) with proper backspacing...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997

They will rub your LCA on a full turn. You can change rims or LCAs. Personally I wouldnt bother with wheel spacers cause like tony said, you can buy rims for what spacers would cost.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 AM

Yea i been lookin for some rims too any links for those one mentioned? Oh jegs read to fast ill check out their site
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: '99 and '91

I'm curious about your setup.

I want 2-2.5" lift on my DD. I was looking at OME full kit, but didn't realize rustys make a 2" coil.

Do you have it installed yet?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by DieselD

I want 2-2.5" lift on my DD. I was looking at OME full kit, but didn't realize rustys make a 2" coil.

OME makes one too, not sure who else. Just check around and see whats out there. Other option would be a 2" coil spacer, but you can pick up a set of 2" coils for just over $100.

Or you can pick up a set of used 3" coils and sit at 2-2.5" like me, haha!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.o

Cherokee Nut, your about an hour or so west of me if you need an extra set of hand while wrenchin just drop me a line. Always glad to bust knuckles under n XJ.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM

didnt get installed yet my friend flaked out on me dont have another day off until sat so gonna ask my brother (helps that he a mechanic with a shop at his house) to help me the ome front coils were like 160 or so rustys were only 119 paid 146 after shipping thats only real reason i chose rustys and agent orange thanks for the offer you busy on saturday lol i also didnt find a whole lot of 2" coils ome and rustys were to only ones i found i wanted coils not spacers cause my stock coils are 13 years old figured do it right and get the coils i searched all over for coils too i couldnt believe how few are out there

Last edited by cherokeenut; 03-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by DieselD

Rustys does make a 2 inch coil, ill be looking fwd to this thread since ill be doing the same thing too, but with the jk shocks and maybe spacers and intstead eventually get extended shackles and 3 inch coils (rather than dropping $120 on a pair id use for less than a year) but keep us updated+pics!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by jbdpayne
Rustys does make a 2 inch coil, ill be looking fwd to this thread since ill be doing the same thing too, but with the jk shocks and maybe spacers and intstead eventually get extended shackles and 3 inch coils (rather than dropping $120 on a pair id use for less than a year) but keep us updated+pics!
Why don't you just do 3" now? Doesn't make much sense to do a 2" lift when you plan to go to 3" in less than a year. 2" OME leaf packs with lift shackles and 3" coils...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by ta2tony
Why don't you just do 3" now? Doesn't make much sense to do a 2" lift when you plan to go to 3" in less than a year. 2" OME leaf packs with lift shackles and 3" coils...
i know, the only problem is my stock suspension is going, and i have college bills (still in college) and a big rock im buying soon for my girl...which as much as i want that lift will come first...if i have enough though ill just run 3 and get new tires just gotta make sure i can afford it
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by jbdpayne
i know, the only problem is my stock suspension is going, and i have college bills (still in college) and a big rock im buying soon for my girl...which as much as i want that lift will come first...if i have enough though ill just run 3 and get new tires just gotta make sure i can afford it
Its an extra $80-100 to get coils over spacers if you're already planning on getting leafs and shocks now...just knock that rock down .1 carat and all is well...just don't let her find out I said that or she'll never let you talk to me again, lol!

Quick Reply: got my lift ordered!