unhappy with quadratec

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 High Output
Default unhappy with quadratec

I will never order another part from quadratec. my first order was fine got a drop pitman arm for my cherokee no problems. ordered another under a different name for a friend recieved the wrong part. got a drop arm for a JK not an xj, the part number was off by 1 number. supposed to be a 18006.54 recieved a 18006.55 I don think its that complicated to look at the order sheet compare the part numbers and ship the correct part. I e-mailed them about the part (i was kinda nasty to them in the e-mail because we had to cancel mechanic and alignment appointments) and recieved a rather nasty e-mail in return. I requested a discount or something to make up for the mistake and was told they would not offer me a discount, money back or anything in return for their mistake. what has happened to customer service?? used to be they'd try to make good on their mistakes, not any more. this will be my last order with quadratec, thank god theres a million jeep parts suppliers out there cuz as far as I'm concerened they are no longer a reliable source of jeep parts. anybody else have problems with them I'd be happy to hear of more gripes I know I cant be the only one....
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Honestly man... It sounds like an honest mistake. I mean you yourself said the part numbers were 1 number off. If you do 25 of those orders a day 5 days a week, I can imagine mixing 1 number up. Im not saying that i dont understand your frustrations, but people make mistakes.

Also If i were looking for a refund, I dont think my first return contact with them would be a pissed off email.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

Year: 1999

yeah honestly that was a bad idea because asking for a discount after the nasty e-mail kind of looks like you want to milk them now because of 1 part # difference
Old 01-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Year: 1993

Originally Posted by miglia-spyder
Honestly man... It sounds like an honest mistake. I mean you yourself said the part numbers were 1 number off. If you do 25 of those orders a day 5 days a week, I can imagine mixing 1 number up. Im not saying that i dont understand your frustrations, but people make mistakes.

Also If i were looking for a refund, I dont think my first return contact with them would be a pissed off email.
one number can mean a huge difference in product. i work in this field and if we make that kind of mistake we fix it no questions asked. that kind of mistake is easy to make only if you are not paying attention. and it is perfectly understandable to be pissed off, what if he couldn't drive until he got the correct one?

Originally Posted by mcguyver_xj
yeah honestly that was a bad idea because asking for a discount after the nasty e-mail kind of looks like you want to milk them now because of 1 part # difference
if i screw up an order i expect the customer to be pissed off, and to make sure it is fixed right away, I pay for it to be fixed out of MY pocket.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by rdeskater
I will never order another part from quadratec. my first order was fine got a drop pitman arm for my cherokee no problems. ordered another under a different name for a friend recieved the wrong part. got a drop arm for a JK not an xj, the part number was off by 1 number. supposed to be a 18006.54 recieved a 18006.55 I don think its that complicated to look at the order sheet compare the part numbers and ship the correct part. I e-mailed them about the part (i was kinda nasty to them in the e-mail because we had to cancel mechanic and alignment appointments) and recieved a rather nasty e-mail in return. I requested a discount or something to make up for the mistake and was told they would not offer me a discount, money back or anything in return for their mistake. what has happened to customer service?? used to be they'd try to make good on their mistakes, not any more. this will be my last order with quadratec, thank god theres a million jeep parts suppliers out there cuz as far as I'm concerened they are no longer a reliable source of jeep parts. anybody else have problems with them I'd be happy to hear of more gripes I know I cant be the only one....
you have every right to feel that way. and yes i would even say this if it was the company I work for that did it. that is just horrible customer service. IMO
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 483 Likes on 414 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

The first thing is, don't cop an attitude with the vendor. If you do, you are no longer a valued customer. Second, they are under no obligation to give you a discount, especially with attitude. If anything, the price just went up so they won't have to deal with you again.

Mail them back, be nice and ask for a shipping label to return the part and replace it with the right one and then thank them. You will probably get good service then.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM

all i'm saying is this was not my mistake and I would think that the customer service rep (joe) would be pleasant in his response which he was not. I understand mistakes happen, i worked in a shipping department before I realize that those people are not necessarily the most intelligent people, but I would think that for as far as they know they would try to please a first time customer so he would be a return customer, not treat him like an *** and push him off.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 ltr

I know you were upset, but people make mistakes. Even the smartest people in the world make mistakes. Sending a nasty email right off the bat may have been a little uncalled for and certainly isn't going to get a sweet we will do anything to help you response. A little courtesy and understanding goes a long ways... after all I am sure you have made a mistake or two in your life. I have been in customer service since my first job, and would do far more to help someone who is reasonable to deal with than someone who goes off the deep end like it is the end of the world, regardless of who's fault it is. You mentioned that the part # was only 1 digit off, so you acknowledge it was easy to do.

Should Quadratec have not offered any resolve? No that is not right..

There are always two sides to every story.

I recently had a problem with a magazine I subscribe to. I had not received 2 months issues. I emailed them and voiced my concerns and disappointment but was in no way nasty, I even thanked them for taking the time to assist me. In return BOTH issues were rushed to me and my subscription extended by 2 months. I can bet if I was not so nice they would not have added the 2 extra months on the subscription.

You are right to be upset, but for the first offense the initial response was not warranted.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:29 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997

ive had nothing but good experiances from quadratec , i snapped a ring gear i bought thru them and they sent me a new one out asap along with a new instal kit , also my brother was having problems with a lift for his tj not arriving in time and not all the peices came , to quadratec paid to ship them back and gave him an RE kit for the same price and gave him everything else that wasnt included in the new kit that was in the cheaper one , over all he made out with about 700 bucks in upgraded stuff , now if thats not customer service i dont know what is , you just gotta be cool with them , if your nasty right off the bat it will get you no where fast
Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 high output, Alabama Cylinder head, 60mm bored TB

Originally Posted by mcguyver_xj
x2 I've ordered from them a lot and had a wrong part shipped once. I e-mailed them and they sent the correct part the next day. You just gotta be polite about it. Like women for example. If you walk up to a girl at a bar and say "hey your hot, can I **** you?" She'd prolly give you a nasty look and walk away. If you were nice and asked her on a date and complimented her and such, chances would be better. haha.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90

I have absolutely no problems with Q-tec....

I ordered a set of side steps for a long gone Cherokee...

When I went to install them, the bracket package had incorrect brackets for one side. I called the Q-tec.. they sent out a new package that day...

The second package arrives.. with the same incorrect package..

When I called to get it straighten the mess out. They sent the new brackets out via next day air so that I could get them installed on Saturday....

Now these sidesteps were in a box from a vendor of theirs. None of the problems with the brackets were ever Q-tec's fault.. but they went by far and away out of any reasonable expectation to make it right...

You want a company with crappy customer service.... RockAuto... but that is a story for another day
Old 01-27-2010, 07:48 PM

I was not that nasty to q-tec I simply stated that I was unhappy with the mix up and wanted the problem corrected asap, their rep joe was rather short with me and gave me a list of excuses a mile long, later today I recieved another e-mail from them telling me the part is backordered and wont be in for a week maybe more... I'm thinking they shipped me the wrong part to buy them some time, maybe not, maybe it was just a screw up, either way the rep could have been a little more friendly with me. is it just me or does the saying go "the customer is always right"? either way I'm cancelling my order with them and dealing with another company I'm not waiting a week or more on their mistakes, I'm not an a--hole I just want things done right the first time like I do them, sure I make mistakes from time to time, and I fix them promply. end of story
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 ltr

nevermind......

Last edited by prerunner1982; 01-28-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998 XJ
Engine: 4.0L

i could see both ways i guess. But to clarify things up a bit. Could you copy and paste both emails on here so we can get the whole story (not saying you are leaving anything out), but don't delete any portion of the email unless it would be part of the privacy act , lol