teamcherokee.com legit?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:51 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default teamcherokee.com legit?

I ordered a part on feb 17th and realized it was the wrong side. emailed them and also used their website's message form to inquire about my issue.

nothing has been shipped (thankfully because it's not the right side) and I have not received any answer since then (what I'm more concerned about). after looking on this forum, threads from 2009-2010 seem to say they're legit but since that's 6 years ago I figured I'd ask.

Last edited by Cane; 02-23-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 174 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

I ordered leaf spring bushings and bolts there once. I had no problems. Didn't really have to deal with customer service but they shipped out in a timely manner.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:19 AM
CF Veteran

alright cheers, i'll wait a couple more days before trying to cancel the order
Old 02-24-2016, 02:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

They're legit, but they're awful, and I've been to their warehouse in person. Even though I love to support local businesses--and they're just down the road from me--I can't stress strongly enough how those chumps don't deserve $1 of business.

Originally Posted by mschi772
I recently dealt with them and was very disappointed. My messages and emails were largely ignored, but I resorted to spam-calling them during their open hours until someone picked-up. Apparently they ignore the phone unless it practically rings itself off the hook. Once I did get a hold of them, they were pretty receptive to a return/exchange and made it easy on me. I made it even easier on them by offering to exchange in person since I live minutes away. They managed to screw that up anyway as you'll read below. Maybe spam call them then tell them you'll only deal with Melissa because a fellow community member only managed to get his problem sorted-out by her? It's worth a try; once she got involved, things went smoothly. Sad thing is: I think she's just a "regular" employee--not a manager or anything "special."

My advice: pressure them to make it right then tell everyone you know to stay away from them. Stories like ours are becoming more and more common. They're garbage in their current state and don't deserve our business.

Originally Posted by mschi772
And I'm very unimpressed. I was there because I had ordered a pair of side mirrors and received a mismatched pair--one was glossy black while the other was matte. I live only a little north of their warehouse and work just a little south of it.

After being told I'd receive a call back and never getting one, I got in contact with them again (their phone goes to voicemail a lot, and my messages never got returned; I switched my tactic to spam-dialing until someone picked-up because it's the only way I ever established communication with them) and arranged to make an exchange in person to get a better matching pair. The person I made the arrangement with was not there, and no one who was there had the first clue who I was, why I was there, or where my contact was--"She should be here; I don't know where she is."

I was first greeted by a young girl who was extra clueless and even though by her own admission she was just a shipping person and didn't know about anything else, she was quite persistent about butting into my business there and kept telling me to leave and come back later (even though she didn't know when "later" should be). The other shipping girl seemed more knowledgeable and was trying to be helpful but was also understandably in above her head. They both kept going back to an office to ask some guy questions who never did come out to see me, and I was told quite unprofessionally by Girl #1 that he's very irritable and just yells at them for asking him things. Awesome.

Eventually (about 10 min in) a truly helpful employee showed-up. She was also had no briefing regarding my issue and my arrival, but she got up to speed and, after doing some digging, determined that they did not have any more mirrors for me (black power fold-away for 84-96 XJ). My phone contact had told me they had one, but Girl #3 informed me that what had been set out was a 97-01 mirror and a manual 84-96 mirror. Evidently my contact had a hard time understanding how to use part numbers. Girl #3 then gave me some options. I chose to have her order me a pair of mirrors directly from Crown who, according to her, are more reliable about matching parts properly than Omix (the mirrors I originally received).

Girl #3 was great. She was knowledgeable, communicated well, treated me with respect, and was very motivated. Girl #2 was unremarkable, Girl #1 didn't do the company any favors by getting involved with me--she was naive, complained, nervous, annoying, and forced herself into business that had nothing to do with her--and if the accusation that Guy-in-the-back is really that irritable/mean is true, then he failed the company today as well--the accusation itself is a nail in the coffin; employees saying something like that to a customer does not make a positive impression. The packaging/shipping room is all I got a good look at, and while the employees were getting their work done well enough, it was pretty disorderly; a little more organization in that area would help them methinks.

My phone contact never did show up while I was there.

Last edited by mschi772; 02-24-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:54 PM
CF Veteran

thanks for the info. I just opened a dispute with paypal, it's been a week since the order has been placed and messages sent and still no answer from them
Old 02-24-2016, 07:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1997

FYI, TeamCherokee is also known as...

TeamWrangler
TeamGrandWagoneer
Team4WD
Kenosha County Classics

...and they have an F from the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/busines...a-wi-44149021/

My favorite part:
On March 31st 2014, the BBB sent a certified letter to Kenosha County Classics due to a pattern of consumer concerns received by BBB from consumers.

In the complaints, consumers allege that after contacting the company for assistance, they were not receiving contact back.

On April 22nd 2014, the BBB sent a follow up after not receiving a written response to the original letter.

As of May 29th 2014, the BBB has received no written response in regards to the pattern.
They can't even be bothered to respond to the BBB.

Last edited by mschi772; 02-24-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998

If nothing else, at least they're consistent.......,.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM
CF Veteran

ok that's pretty funny! glad I asked now, never bothered to check BBB.