Pulled over for being doorless

Old 08-03-2011, 09:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check
Default Pulled over for being doorless

Yep. Last night.

Milwaukee Police decided I was threatening enough to need to be stopped. My life was in extreme danger...or I was putting others lives at risk. Or something, I honestly stopped paying attention shortly after the speech started.

I must have been polite, though, because I did not get any ticket or written warning. The down side is that I also don't know what statute I broke.

I guess its not state law, but its city ordinance.

So the search for tube doors begins. Dammit, it sure would be nice to have a tubing bender already.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6

Dang thats GAY
Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 High Outout I6

he probably didnt give you a ticket because he couldnt... and all his other psycho babble was just him justifying wrongfully pulling you over. he probably pulled you over because with the doors off you like like someone who would typically cause trouble orhave drugs on them ect, ect... whatever stereotype you want to go with lol
at least you dont have to pay a ticket. make sure you post plenty of pics of your tube door build though!
p.s. s10 blazer tire carriers are supposed to work pretty good for tube doors im just sayin
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee
Yep. Last night.

Milwaukee Police decided I was threatening enough to need to be stopped. My life was in extreme danger...or I was putting others lives at risk. Or something, I honestly stopped paying attention shortly after the speech started.

I must have been polite, though, because I did not get any ticket or written warning. The down side is that I also don't know what statute I broke.

I guess its not state law, but its city ordinance.

So the search for tube doors begins. Dammit, it sure would be nice to have a tubing bender already.
When I got my Blazer built, I started getting pulled over for all sorts of reasons. The way I solved my problem was I went online and printed out the vehicle regulations and carried them in my glove box.
Mostly the police just thought the Blazer must be violating some regulations.

So before you start building tube doors, check it out, and make sure going door less is really not legal where you live.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

I would imagine the reasoning is the same as having no windshield or hood - it always appeared illegal to me to not have something to hold you in the vehicle... a seat belt isn't quite enough to keep you from being dragged along as the vehicle slides on its side to a bloody stop in case of a tip over..
Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Bstrom650
I would imagine the reasoning is the same as having no windshield or hood - it always appeared illegal to me to not have something to hold you in the vehicle... a seat belt isn't quite enough to keep you from being dragged along as the vehicle slides on its side to a bloody stop in case of a tip over..
Cuz my motorcycle with no side or seat belts is sooooo much safer...
Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 I6 firepower ignition, cat-back w/ magnaflow muffler, poweraid tb spacer, optima blue top

You can see why he pulled you over when there are vehicles like the one pictured below with impenetrable forces of air. And if you get in to a situation that causes your car to rollover you have the massive, unbreakable windshield frame. I don't see how you daredevils can sleep at night knowing you've endangered everyone so maliciously.
Attached Thumbnails Pulled over for being doorless-official-2011-camaro-convertible-concept_100197653_m.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Originally Posted by xj wheeler
You can see why he pulled you over when there are vehicles like the one pictured below with impenetrable forces of air. And if you get in to a situation that causes your car to rollover you have the massive, unbreakable windshield frame. I don't see how you daredevils can sleep at night knowing you've endangered everyone so maliciously.
Haha - doubled over with laughter ... very witty. But your sarcasm makes a very good point.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

So am I okay to drive with my windows rolled down? I'm exposing my shoulders up to the dangerous elements!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM

If this were facebook I would have liked all your posts.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
CF Veteran

Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: Straight 6

I dont see how he could give you a ticket if he even did cuz wronglers can take there doors off and they dont get pulled over for it. But thats just a Dumb*** cop having nothing better to do lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

idk how to word this or what terminology to use but the reason is on wranglers the lip of the bottom at the bottom of the door is a certain height that the law "decided" was high enough to make it safe to drive doorless, the lip of the body on xj's is i beleive less then half of a wrangler, he may not have non this if he didnt say it but i know in most states while cops dont really care bc they know ppl do it for offroading but that is the legallity to the reason for you getting pulled over, again sorry for my sloppy explanation and terrible terminolgy. but when i looked into going doorless here in MA thats what i found but again many of my friends/ppl at school have done it in xj's with no issues with the po-po.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
CF Veteran

The rocker is tall enough on Wranglers to get away with it is what your saying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled over for being doorless