PROOF!!! Fed-ex blows...

Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: '89
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 242
Default PROOF!!! Fed-ex blows...

As some of you may recall...I had ordered a package and it took Fed-Ex 6 DAYS to get the package too me that I ordered WITH 3 DAY shipping.

I just ordered a D44 carrier from a company online that uses UPS.
Its being sent ground and its only taking 5 DAYS to get to me.

Fed-Ex should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:26 PM
CF Veteran

****!! Sorry...just realized I posted in the wrong section...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really sure about shipping fed ex vs ups or any other shipping company for that matter. I have never picked any shipping other than the standard delivery (whatever is least expensive) I know some websites that have been super fast in processing and sending out the order and some that have been ultra slow. Most of the time I am not in any kind of time constraint for parts though. My shipping usually takes a little longer anyway because I normally order stuff on friday or saturday nights (after payday lol) So I have to take into account for the weekend delay. I know the place I order computer parts from is VERY fast. The website I ordered my relays from was VERY slow.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Old Skewl CF like a Sir

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output OBDII

Cool deal man.

I just ordered rims from 4wheelParts yesterday, and they ship UPS ground for free. But I'm really curious to see where they'll be shipping from, I know they're based in California, but there are 4wheelParts locations 2 hours North of me in Tampa, 1 1/2 hours East of me in Miami, and 2 hours away in West Palm. I'll lol if they ship from Cali.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
CF Veteran

lol yeah. That would be pretty funny having them ship from the furthest location possible.

Ever watch the tracking info on something that takes a while to ship? Kinda funny seeing an item go from New Jersey, to Alabama, to Maryland then to 2 different locations here in NC
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

I am not familiar with your situation, but I ship a lot at work. If I am going to believe they blow, I have to know some things about that 6 days. One, are we counting from the moment the order was placed, or the day the sender shipped it? FedEx can't be held accountable for days they did not have the item. Is "Day 1" the day after they shipped it, or day of? day 1 should be the following day, otherwise a "1 day" package would be expected on the same day it was shipped. Lastly, was there a weekend or holiday within the transit dates?
If the sender shipped it on a Wednesday and you got it the next week on Thursday, that is 6 business days, and they indeed blow. If they shipped it on a Wednesday, and you got it the following Monday, their transit time was perfect, and your beef is with the sender, not the carrier.

-FloydXJ - keeping people from shooting the messenger since 1895
Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Old Skewl CF like a Sir

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output OBDII

Originally Posted by NewXJaddict
lol yeah. That would be pretty funny having them ship from the furthest location possible.

Ever watch the tracking info on something that takes a while to ship? Kinda funny seeing an item go from New Jersey, to Alabama, to Maryland then to 2 different locations here in NC
LMAO! I run it through Google maps & anywhere it stops I add as a "Destination". Makes for funny squiggly lines.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by FloydXJ
I am not familiar with your situation, but I ship a lot at work. If I am going to believe they blow, I have to know some things about that 6 days. One, are we counting from the moment the order was placed, or the day the sender shipped it? FedEx can't be held accountable for days they did not have the item. Is "Day 1" the day after they shipped it, or day of? day 1 should be the following day, otherwise a "1 day" package would be expected on the same day it was shipped. Lastly, was there a weekend or holiday within the transit dates?
If the sender shipped it on a Wednesday and you got it the next week on Thursday, that is 6 business days, and they indeed blow. If they shipped it on a Wednesday, and you got it the following Monday, their transit time was perfect, and your beef is with the sender, not the carrier.

-FloydXJ - keeping people from shooting the messenger since 1895

That's exactly what I said in his original rant, but no response to that.

Also, if you are ordering something from the west coast to Vermont with FedEx.... you can't whine about ground shipping being faster if UPS is only bringing it from, say, Florida.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:56 AM
CF Veteran

Sorry bout that... I had left for work, after posting...

The days start once I receive the tracking number and they have my package.

Both of the packages came/are coming from similar distances of just under 1,300 miles with a difference of something like 30 miles.