Other forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Other forums

When i get on other forums i see things like " no flaming allowed" why wheres the fun? Flaming and being flamed is half the fun
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

That's what moderators are for lol
Old 11-26-2013, 08:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f18/an...rum-com-rules/

Because there are plenty of other places to act childish.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

If you like that atmosphere, Pirate is a good place. Naxja has somewhat gotten to that point as well. If this site ever does, I know I will leave- While flaming is fun, it is counter productive to actually solving peoples problems. Usually on those boards there is a norm/band wagon/clique and if your needs/want fall anywhere outside that 1.) you don't get any help 2.) you get torn apart and 3.) you probably don't come back other than to troll people. (at least that's how it works in my experience). I still have an account on Naxja/pirate but I frequent them much less often. People at those places don't take into account the other persons scenario. Like attacking someone for wanting to lift their xj 10 inches without taking into account that the person lives in a swamp or somewhere like Alaska that gets a lot of snow. Not everyone needs the same thing. Not everyone can takes pride in buying used crap and not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars in their rigs.

You do see it on here occasionally unfortunately but far less frequently that some boards. Our mods (though some are biased themselves) are pretty good at keeping it civil. The only time some really gets flamed and no on says anything is when they bring it on themselves by being an a$$hat. Granted there has been much more recently allowed than in the past but still better than the other boards.

Last edited by Ianf406; 11-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
::Regional Moderator::

Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8

Originally Posted by Ianf406
If you like that atmosphere, Pirate is a good place. Naxja has somewhat gotten to that point as well. If this site ever does, I know I will leave- While flaming is fun, it is counter productive to actually solving peoples problems. Usually on those boards there is a norm/band wagon/clique and if your needs/want fall anywhere outside that 1.) you don't get any help 2.) you get torn apart and 3.) you probably don't come back other than to troll people. (at least that's how it works in my experience). I still have an account on Naxja/pirate but I frequent them much less often. People at those places don't take into account the other persons scenario. Like attacking someone for wanting to lift their xj 10 inches without taking into account that the person lives in a swamp or somewhere like Alaska that gets a lot of snow. Not everyone needs the same thing. Not everyone can takes pride in buying used crap and not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars in their rigs.

You do see it on here occasionally unfortunately but far less frequently that some boards. Our mods (though some are biased themselves) are pretty good at keeping it civil. The only time some really gets flamed and no on says anything is when they bring it on themselves by being an a$$hat. Granted there has been much more recently allowed than in the past but still better than the other boards.
Let me interject something here.

Naxja is a club with a forum.

Yes, it is cliquey, but you have to understand that these are people who wheel together, hang out, help one another, and for the most part, care very deeply about the club. The forum is a perk that non-members get to use, but our dues make it possible for those people to do so. We do a lot for land use, the sport, and members in need.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:14 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Originally Posted by emptypockets
Let me interject something here.

Naxja is a club with a forum.

Yes, it is cliquey, but you have to understand that these are people who wheel together, hang out, help one another, and for the most part, care very deeply about the club. The forum is a perk that non-members get to use, but our dues make it possible for those people to do so. We do a lot for land use, the sport, and members in need.

That is great and all but as a once paying member to Naxja (also to here/BRC), it is not a place I like to go. As far as everyone being friends that hang out in real life, that used to be a small percentage of the forum. True they have meetings/events all over the country but most do not attend. Don't get me wrong Naxja has done a lot for the sport/land use etc. and it is no where near as bad as Pirate but the point of automobile forums almost always starts out as a place for people to share ideas/get help/share a common interest. Why is there a need to group up and berate people for having different view than your own? Where would we be if not for all the different ideas. We wouldn't have cars, let alone XJs or computers to type this stuff on. I understand some people like that environment but I would prefer this forum to not go that route. I started my membership at 4 places all the same time upon returning from my first trip to the desert. I really only use this one anymore because when someone asks a question, they usually get a few different helpful answers. It has drifted away from that a bit and I think that is why you see less of the long time members on anymore but it is still much better than some of the others. If you have not noticed, the Naxja forums have died off quite a bit. My dad has been a member there for alooong time and quit using it finally after getting sick of it.

Last edited by Ianf406; 11-26-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
CF Veteran

A quick glance back over there shows 267 users online, 88 members and 179 guests compared to 1100 here. Im fairly certain I am not the only one who feels that way. The forums there used to be great- now it is only great for the few. In my opinion anyway.

Edited- As I said I do not want to discredit what NAXJA has done nor do I want to offend you. They are a great organization. I would just like there to be someplace you can still get help without fear of being "flamed" and not because I don't like getting made fun of. The s#it-talking atmosphere is one of the things I miss most about the army... (can't talk to co-workers like that in real life). I don't like it when it supersedes helping someone out in a place designed to help people out.

Last edited by Ianf406; 11-26-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM

It takes a lot more than that to offend me. I just think its important to point out that Naxja is an actual club and not a forum like CF. Not everyone is a good fit in certain clubs, that's why there are so many of them out there.

As for flaming, it will always be there. I think a good chunk of this comes from the wealth of information that's out there that people refuse to use. I have no problem helping people, but I don't want to have to continually spoon feed information that's easily found with a google search or trail and error.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Naxja.org is forum that you can use freely or you can choose to pay for member benefits. The are state/regional chapters....but it's far from. Club in the true sense of the world.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by emptypockets
It takes a lot more than that to offend me. I just think its important to point out that Naxja is an actual club and not a forum like CF. Not everyone is a good fit in certain clubs, that's why there are so many of them out there.

As for flaming, it will always be there. I think a good chunk of this comes from the wealth of information that's out there that people refuse to use. I have no problem helping people, but I don't want to have to continually spoon feed information that's easily found with a google search or trail and error.
See I'm 100% behind this, but the thing I see that's funny is naxja is worse than here? Lol naxja seems to calm down a bit while here I do see more of the flaming. I frequent between here and naxja everyday and I can testify that cf is worse lol not a bad thing though because as empty pockets stated, why spoon feed people who choose not to help themselves and use a bit of searching
Old 11-26-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
Naxja.org is forum that you can use freely or you can choose to pay for member benefits. The are state/regional chapters....but it's far from. Club in the true sense of the world.
I see it as a club, but you can call it whatever you want. What you put in, is what you get out of it. I consider my chapter a part of my family.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L i6

That red colored form is only for experienced people who've been wrenching since age 5. There are a couple of very high quality posters, but they are washed out by a bunch of internet trolls who are developmentally stuck in high school. Best to avoid the place if you're a beginner, as you'll just get bullied for not having wrenched since middle school.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by BimmerJeeper
That red colored form is only for experienced people who've been wrenching since age 5. There are a couple of very high quality posters, but they are washed out by a bunch of internet trolls who are developmentally stuck in high school. Best to avoid the place if you're a beginner, as you'll just get bullied for not having wrenched since middle school.
You're so full of sh** lol
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 PM
CF Veteran

So you guys have never asked a question that has not been asked before? Lol okay...

And I do believe Bimmer is trolling as he is active over there as well. (at least he used to be when I still used it- could be wrong I guess). Maybe Naxja has calmed down since I left.. I don't know. I know I have talked with quite a few people here who quit frequenting it and some took their stickers off. I still have the red sticker on mine- maybe I'll give it another shot. The point is though that we do not need this place to turn into a forum that allows bashing people for asking questions. I mean sure there are times I want to (like the guy who keeps posting different Jeeps at like 6k that are worth half that and asking us for our opinions). Maybe I am alone on this and just a pu$$y who knows?

Last edited by Ianf406; 11-26-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

Guys i meant i love the flaming on CF LOL

Quick Reply: Other forums