Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2008
Model: Grand Cherokee(WK)
Engine: 4.7L
Exclamation Lost in a sea of information

NEW HERE
I bought an 08 Trail Rated Cherokee all wheel drive for my daughter and newborn grandson. LOADED!! Has 163,000 and looks mint and well taken care of inside and out. Its a flex fuel and we are the third owner. Last owner never ran E85 or the most common 10% blend fuel. My daughter is trying to do the same but i know not all pumps offer non ethanol. The oil changes were always done on time. Full Synthetic. Always changed at 6,000. I inspected this vehicle myself and looks like literally nothing but the best was ever used for replacement parts.
Other things I DO NEED TO LEARN are checking the transfer case fluid and rear differential. It could be as simple as all the rest but i figured i would add it and get my schooling from some of the class pros FOUND HERE. Outside of that is Tires. My daughter lives where snow falls really heavy. I would like something somewhat inexpensive ALL SEASON.
I have been reading a lot of mixed reviews on spark plugs to use as its the 4.7l 16 plug style. I am leaning towards the NGKs for replacement. Most info i have read so far is somewhat outdated. But from what i have read NGKs give better fuel economy. What do members suggest and at what gap intake/exhaust. And if suggesting a plug, please indicate intake/exhaust as well as plug part number or even a link if possible. I am sure this will be debated on for answers but i will try and make a decision based on replies.
I want this to stay a good running vehicle as two of my most cherished lives will be in it. OUT OF ALL THE VEHICLES i could have chosen I wanted a jeep for them. I myself never owned one. Just know they are built well. I am mechanically inclined so i will be doing the work myself. i just dont have a bunch of all wheel drive knowledge. If you have suggestions on tires and fluids for the transfer case and rear diff to use please be specific so i dont go and buy something that is a knockoff lol.

TY members.