Arizona - Page 227 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

Arizona

Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 AM
  #3391  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by dfritchie View Post
The axles are not what is disturbing me so much, less than $200 with u-joints installed ( per side ). It's the freaking ball joints that is holding up the repairs.
Sometimes it takes heat from a torch while pressing to get these apart.
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 PM
  #3392  
Newbie
 
dfritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Casa Grande
Posts: 26
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

You have to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them. It's time to fold. Replaced drivers side motor mount today, no problem. Other side the mounting bracket is no longer bolted to the block, all three bolts sheared off! I do not have the time or the resources, or the money to keep fighting this thing. It will be going up on Casa Grande buy and sale and probably craigslist as well as a mechanics special. Would make a great daily driver or toy for some one with the time and money to fixed it up.
dfritchie is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM
  #3393  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by dfritchie View Post
You have to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them. It's time to fold. Replaced drivers side motor mount today, no problem. Other side the mounting bracket is no longer bolted to the block, all three bolts sheared off! I do not have the time or the resources, or the money to keep fighting this thing. It will be going up on Casa Grande buy and sale and probably craigslist as well as a mechanics special. Would make a great daily driver or toy for some one with the time and money to fixed it up.
Well damn... If you didn't need it out of your way ASAP I would be interested. Stuck in an emergency project right now and won't be able to make a trip for at least a couple weeks. Does it have any body rot?
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:34 PM
  #3394  
Newbie
 
dfritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Casa Grande
Posts: 26
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

The rockers are pretty much gone, the PO had replaced the floor boards already. 5 yrs ago I replaced the gas tank and pump, 2 yrs ago it got a new power steering pump. In the last year it got new cap, rotor, plugs and wires. New CPS and cam position sensor, new O2 sensor. New hubs installed, still needs u-joints and ball joints done. The T-case also needs rebuilt, front driveshaft is in the garage. Engine runs strong, transmission shifts smooth - Has been very reliable the last 6 years, until I tried to fix stuff that is :-(

Don't need it gone ASAP, really hate to get rid of it, but it needs some TLC I'm just not in the position to give it.

Last edited by dfritchie; 07-19-2018 at 07:37 PM.
dfritchie is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:53 PM
  #3395  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by dfritchie View Post
The rockers are pretty much gone, the PO had replaced the floor boards already. 5 yrs ago I replaced the gas tank and pump, 2 yrs ago it got a new power steering pump. In the last year it got new cap, rotor, plugs and wires. New CPS and cam position sensor, new O2 sensor. New hubs installed, still needs u-joints and ball joints done. The T-case also needs rebuilt, front driveshaft is in the garage. Engine runs strong, transmission shifts smooth - Has been very reliable the last 6 years, until I tried to fix stuff that is :-(

Don't need it gone ASAP, really hate to get rid of it, but it needs some TLC I'm just not in the position to give it.
Damn, wish it wasn't rotted... So it sounds like you are about right in your decision, because it sounds like all you have left is the engine and trans. I have a 97 that I rolled and have been looking for a sound body to swap my new engine and tight drivetrain into.
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 02:58 PM
  #3396  
Newbie
 
Jonmcvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florence Arizona
Posts: 1
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

lets do this, what parts of Arizona do you wheel in? im out of Florence, AZ
Jonmcvey is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 03:59 PM
  #3397  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Jonmcvey View Post
lets do this, what parts of Arizona do you wheel in? im out of Florence, AZ
Welcome! I am up in Northern Az.
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:05 PM
  #3398  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,249
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfritchie The axles are not what is disturbing me so much, less than $200 with u-joints installed ( per side ). It's the freaking ball joints that is holding up the repairs.
Sometimes it takes heat from a torch while pressing to get these apart.

............. that's why I haven't tackled mine yet. They aren't worn enough to be of major concern as of yet, but I know in the not too distant future they will need to be done... and that's why I haven't done mine yet because I don't live somewhere right now where I've got a garage that I could put a torch to them if I get half way in and they decide to be stubborn.
RocketMouse is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:10 PM
  #3399  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,249
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
Damn, wish it wasn't rotted... So it sounds like you are about right in your decision, because it sounds like all you have left is the engine and trans. I have a 97 that I rolled and have been looking for a sound body to swap my new engine and tight drivetrain into.
And that there my friend is the difficult search... unfortunately....lol.

But on a positive note... at least where I am here in N. AZ.... I'm pretty much in XJ central. I don't think I can leave my place every day and not see at least 20 different XJ's as I go across town.
If you have a $ range in mind, shoot me another pm my friend and I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya over here in Flag.
...... that's one of the reasons why I didn't want to give up on my XJ even though she's thrown several hissy-fits over the last few months, When I step back and breathe... I realize that overall she's in pretty decent shape for a 20 year old Jeep. She grouches at me sometimes... but honestly.. what 20 year old vehicle doesn't? lol
RocketMouse is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:38 PM
  #3400  
Junior Member
 
XJThrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 56
Year: 87
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

Just saying hi.

'87 2DR, 4.0, NV3550, NP231, 30 FRONT 44 REAR, 4.11, LOCKERS, LONG ARMS, C-ROK STUFF....


Last edited by XJThrottle; 08-04-2018 at 02:49 AM. Reason: details...
XJThrottle is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:44 AM
  #3401  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by XJThrottle View Post
Just saying hi.

'87 2DR, 4.0, NV3550, NP231, 30 FRONT 44 REAR, 4.11, LOCKERS, LONG ARMS, C-ROK STUFF....

Welcome!

Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 09:23 AM
  #3402  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 12
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.7 V8
Default

hey rocket mouse and bugout 4x4, where in N AZ? I'm a newbie in Prescott and have been looking for some guys to get out with. We were was in Flag yesterday, at the lava river cave. I'm just now starting to get to the point of lifting my stock 2000 GC 4.7 . Want to go up 3 inches but not sure what suspension mods I'll have to make. only going with a slightly taller tire, because I'm not willing to cut the fenders. I'm now wearing 245/70 and think my only choice for a taller tire is a 250/70. Not even sure what brand or model yet. I need to put in recovery corners and a couple of pieces of protection under the rig yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
bookdoug is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 AM
  #3403  
::CF Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 37,376
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by bookdoug View Post
hey rocket mouse and bugout 4x4, where in N AZ? I'm a newbie in Prescott and have been looking for some guys to get out with. We were was in Flag yesterday, at the lava river cave. I'm just now starting to get to the point of lifting my stock 2000 GC 4.7 . Want to go up 3 inches but not sure what suspension mods I'll have to make. only going with a slightly taller tire, because I'm not willing to cut the fenders. I'm now wearing 245/70 and think my only choice for a taller tire is a 250/70. Not even sure what brand or model yet. I need to put in recovery corners and a couple of pieces of protection under the rig yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Take a trip to Crown King via Senator Highway during the week.
Make the loop from Lynx Lake to Groom Creek.
cruiser54 is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 10:02 AM
  #3404  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by bookdoug View Post
hey rocket mouse and bugout 4x4, where in N AZ? I'm a newbie in Prescott and have been looking for some guys to get out with. We were was in Flag yesterday, at the lava river cave. I'm just now starting to get to the point of lifting my stock 2000 GC 4.7 . Want to go up 3 inches but not sure what suspension mods I'll have to make. only going with a slightly taller tire, because I'm not willing to cut the fenders. I'm now wearing 245/70 and think my only choice for a taller tire is a 250/70. Not even sure what brand or model yet. I need to put in recovery corners and a couple of pieces of protection under the rig yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Welcome! Rocket is up in Flag and I am over on the border in the Kingman area.
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 10:54 AM
  #3405  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,457
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Take a trip to Crown King via Senator Highway during the week.
Make the loop from Lynx Lake to Groom Creek.
I just went and took a look at that, pretty country! I see Walker Rd south to E Bald Mountain over to Spruce Mountain, is that the route you are sharing? Do you know if the road west from Lynx lake over to Seven Mile Tank goes all the way through? That looks like a very interesting drive over the hill there too.

I see you mention during the week, Busy on the weekends I presume?
Bugout4x4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: