Arizona - Page 215 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

Arizona

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-15-2018, 11:04 PM
  #3211  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
The North Rim is on my bucket list. I have lived here 15 years and have only seen the Grand Canyon once and it was only about 15 minutes. I blame my ex-wife for that. Now that I am single my next trip there will be as long as I damn well want it to be.
Amen to that brother... been there, done that (ex-wife thing). So I'm happily single... but if the real thing happened at some point, great. If not, I'm at the age that there's a lot more to life then dealing with that headache. lol. So hard these days to know if someone is being "real" or just playing an agenda they have. And I'm just not into that playing games crap and screwing people over.

When you feel like heading up to the GC... let me know. It's directly North of me here in Flag.... I'd roll up with ya if I'm free my friend.
RocketMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 PM
  #3212  
Seasoned Member
 
StealthyMcStealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
Posts: 421
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
Amen to that brother... been there, done that (ex-wife thing). So I'm happily single... but if the real thing happened at some point, great. If not, I'm at the age that there's a lot more to life then dealing with that headache. lol. So hard these days to know if someone is being "real" or just playing an agenda they have. And I'm just not into that playing games crap and screwing people over.

When you feel like heading up to the GC... let me know. It's directly North of me here in Flag.... I'd roll up with ya if I'm free my friend.
Talk about being of like mind, I feel like we really are brothers. Trust me, if I make a trip anywhere outside of the valley I will post it up here and extend invites. I just hope I can fix all my oil leaks before then. LOL.
StealthyMcStealth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 PM
  #3213  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
Talk about being of like mind, I feel like we really are brothers. Trust me, if I make a trip anywhere outside of the valley I will post it up here and extend invites. I just hope I can fix all my oil leaks before then. LOL.
Sounds good mate... but just FYI... um, just in case no one has told you yet... um, you bought a Jeep. There's NO such thing as having everything on it fixed for more than like 10 mins at a time. lol.... just a love/hate PITA.
I think I might poke around for an older honda or toyota that may or may not look great, but reliable... so I can tear the XJ apart for more than just a few hours at a time. an 18 year old XJ is not the best vehicle as a DD. I'm finding that out the hard way. Which is par for the course as that's usually how I seem to learn most things in life. lol.

Now that we're getting into warmer weather, it will be easier to deal with when something does hit the fan on it.
RocketMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:49 PM
  #3214  
Seasoned Member
 
StealthyMcStealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
Posts: 421
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

Well mine is 25 years old and I daily drive it. Which makes me feel old. But it's all good.
StealthyMcStealth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:27 AM
  #3215  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
Well mine is 25 years old and I daily drive it. Which makes me feel old. But it's all good.
well if I can get this stupid stalling issue resolved without spending a small fortune, I'll feel pretty good. Taking my motorcycle to work most days is not ideal for me...but at least it's an option on fair weather days for now.
RocketMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:33 PM
  #3216  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

I have my standard "Jeep" road-side emergency kit which obviously includes more than your average one...because Jeeps are "special"...only thing I don't like is having chemical products like that inside of it especially on a hot summer day.
Anyone have something they use that works well in cold and hot conditions?
RocketMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM
  #3217  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,096
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Good morning everyone. After two weeks of hospitals with touch and go with Dad he is on the upswing and in rehab on his way out of the system. Finally have a chance to land and catch up a bit. I hope everyone is doing well?
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:21 AM
  #3218  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 18
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default

@Bugout4x4 - I don't know you or your father, but It's good to hear that your Father is doing better. Being on the other side of the world to my aging parents, the smallest bump or bruise freaks me out!


We should start a "How many leaks do you have" thread


I am in the process of changing out all my gaskets and seals. I am quite sure after I did my Valve cover Gasket, it produced other leaks... such is the Jeep game ha And this is my first Jeep and first time wrenching on a vehicle other than the typical oil changes etc Already finding out that this requires quite the commitment. But loving it, and that is all that counts... right!?
The4x4Brit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:37 AM
  #3219  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,096
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by The4x4Brit View Post
@Bugout4x4 - I don't know you or your father, but It's good to hear that your Father is doing better. Being on the other side of the world to my aging parents, the smallest bump or bruise freaks me out!


We should start a "How many leaks do you have" thread


I am in the process of changing out all my gaskets and seals. I am quite sure after I did my Valve cover Gasket, it produced other leaks... such is the Jeep game ha And this is my first Jeep and first time wrenching on a vehicle other than the typical oil changes etc Already finding out that this requires quite the commitment. But loving it, and that is all that counts... right!?
I am late to welcome you to this side of the pond and Az Sir. Just been running my butt off and battling the system. I don't know what it's like in the UK but there is an unjust situation that happens here when someone elderly goes into the hospital lethargic and not of complete soundness of mind because they are sick as hell.

They all of a sudden become complete legal property of the health system just like a minor child. For better or worse they become victim to the decision making process of one doctor competent or not. The family is completely disconnected from the process, all information, and any "best interests" input into the decision making process.

If family members like myself ask too many questions or object to these 3rd party decisions they call Government Social Services to get involved. The first thing Social Services does is come in and charge the nearest family member and primary contact with elderly abuse. You are guilty until you prove your innocence even though the Elder was of sound mind and body living completely independent and capable of caring for themselves prior to getting ill only five days earlier.

This has been quite the emotional ride for our family with this mess. I would like to highly suggest putting your ducks in a row legally with your elderly family members ahead of time to prevent most of this mess because they will blame you anyhow. Having some legal input into the decision making process is imperative or the incompetent system will finish them off for good once they enter the health system. I am now convinced it is designed to control population and eliminate the burden the elderly are placing on the system.

I almost went to jail trying to keep them from purposely killing my father off in the last couple weeks. I fought back against the system and saved his life, he is now doing well and going to be fine in a couple more weeks. The system is criminal and has no real concern for life at all. I literally had to go threaten their legal dept with my journal of hour by hour events, incompetent decisions, care he was getting from their facility, and false accusations of abuse. They couldn't argue the facts because it was all charted in their own records per policy.

It was rough... But Dad won and we beat the system.
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 AM
  #3220  
Seasoned Member
 
StealthyMcStealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
Posts: 421
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

Wow, so sorry to hear how difficult this has been for your family. But it sounds like your diligence paid off and your Dad is going to improve. That part is great news.
StealthyMcStealth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:53 AM
  #3221  
CF Veteran
 
RocketMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
I am late to welcome you to this side of the pond and Az Sir. Just been running my butt off and battling the system. I don't know what it's like in the UK but there is an unjust situation that happens here when someone elderly goes into the hospital lethargic and not of complete soundness of mind because they are sick as hell.

They all of a sudden become complete legal property of the health system just like a minor child. For better or worse they become victim to the decision making process of one doctor competent or not. The family is completely disconnected from the process, all information, and any "best interests" input into the decision making process.

If family members like myself ask too many questions or object to these 3rd party decisions they call Government Social Services to get involved. The first thing Social Services does is come in and charge the nearest family member and primary contact with elderly abuse. You are guilty until you prove your innocence even though the Elder was of sound mind and body living completely independent and capable of caring for themselves prior to getting ill only five days earlier.

This has been quite the emotional ride for our family with this mess. I would like to highly suggest putting your ducks in a row legally with your elderly family members ahead of time to prevent most of this mess because they will blame you anyhow. Having some legal input into the decision making process is imperative or the incompetent system will finish them off for good once they enter the health system. I am now convinced it is designed to control population and eliminate the burden the elderly are placing on the system.

I almost went to jail trying to keep them from purposely killing my father off in the last couple weeks. I fought back against the system and saved his life, he is now doing well and going to be fine in a couple more weeks. The system is criminal and has no real concern for life at all. I literally had to go threaten their legal dept with my journal of hour by hour events, incompetent decisions, care he was getting from their facility, and false accusations of abuse. They couldn't argue the facts because it was all charted in their own records per policy.

It was rough... But Dad won and we beat the system.
Time to buy that lottery ticket my friend. It's not often that one has a day where they triumph over "the system". ...
RocketMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:31 AM
  #3222  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,096
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
Wow, so sorry to hear how difficult this has been for your family. But it sounds like your diligence paid off and your Dad is going to improve. That part is great news.
Thank you Sir. You have to stick to your guns with these people man. In their arrogance they assume they are always dealing with a low level of IQ and ignorance. You are not to question their competence in the slightest of ways or they make your life hell with power, retaliation, and spite that creates even more risk for the patient.

Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
Time to buy that lottery ticket my friend. It's not often that one has a day where they triumph over "the system". ...
Oh I know... I am probably one of the few who has been through the process and prevailed. Even my Daughters who work in the same hospital were asking me to tone it down and be careful. The powers that be even went as far as to let me know that I was threatening the careers and futures of "their employees" (my Daughters) because I was standing my ground. "Oh really? Could you put that in writing please? Never mind... I have it recorded on my phone."

That is when everything changed. Now the kids can't thank me enough for not folding to the system and saving their Grandpa. Their hands were tied because they worked there... mine were not.

What's scary is far too many submit to all this and let it fly without a second thought...
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:47 PM
  #3223  
Great White Jeep
 
5-Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,586
Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default

Bugout, glad to see you have returned and things are looking good!
5-Speed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:53 PM
  #3224  
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,096
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by 5-Speed View Post
Bugout, glad to see you have returned and things are looking good!
One challenge down. Now I have a lot of catching up to do at home. lol

Good to drop in again man... And thank you!
Bugout4x4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:02 PM
  #3225  
CF Veteran
 
4WD4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a large sandbox
Posts: 1,619
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
One challenge down. Now I have a lot of catching up to do at home. lol
Welcome back, J.R.
4WD4EVER is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: