Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

windows wont rollldown, ect.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002 (Stock)
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0
Exclamation windows wont rollldown, ect.

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS GAHHH!

ok so, my whole drivers side panel will not work, my windows wont roll down from any of the seats, my clicker wont lock the door properly, and instead of one honk, it honks twice really fast when i press LOCK, the upper digital display keeps telling me my door is open, (when closed)...

and yea, thats my problem. I checked fuses, and the inside panel of the door, everything is hooked in good, heres a picture.

http://wjjeeps.com/doors/driverdoor5.jpg

i have the power mirror connected and main power connector in. (i do not have the autodim in my version wj) however, there is a plug that is not connected to anything. It is between the actuator rod sockets and the main power connector. I do not know what it is. i thought this was the problem first, but how could it be if it was working fine without it for so long...so i have no idea.

so, whats making my car act this way? and can someone tell me the correct fuse/relay for my power windows? maybe i overlooked it.

thanks a bunch.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I-6 - btw
Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look in the wire harness that goes between the door and the body of the Jeep. There may be a broken or frayed wire in there causing these issues. It's pretty common on these Jeeps.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

the above post is correct. the master window switch is usually to blame. mine has same issue where you can only opperate the windows from my door. new the switch can run as much as $140. so the JY might be a good option. jeeps have notoriously bad wiring sometimes. its just a part of the package.