Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

New lift on new bent axle

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default New lift on new bent axle

I recently finished my axle swap and 4.5" lift. I put in a c8.25 and Dana 30 both with 4.10 gears from a 98 4cyl. Took it for the alignment today. Got ripped in my opinion. But anyways my castor is 9.38 on the left and 9.3 on the right, camber is -1.69 for the left and -0.76 on the right. Hopefully these numbers help. Can lower adjustable ball joints fix this?
Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Took it for a good ride yesterday (front wheel drive) there is a little bit of vibration felt in the pedal when accelerating from a stop. A fair bit of vibration that starts around 80km/h , it dissipates or could just be better concealed when going 100 km/h. Almost no vibration was felt though the steering. I heard a small clunk a couple time when accelerating so I'm thinking front driveshaft ujoint also because of the vibration.
I also installed a re hack n tap for np242 that is leaking, will try a new seal, I think I cut the shaft a little long though, is that a big deal? It soaked the rear diff with fluid after a short drive.
I have a dpa. Rough country drop bracket with a rusty track bar, zone brand fixed lca and IROC adjustable uca. Even after the alignment my front axle sticks out a good inch on the right. The mechanic said this was because of how much my camber was out on the left front tire. He said that it could be fixed with just lower adjustable ball joint and tried to convince me it was a job that a shop would have to do.