Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

just completed abs changeover

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default just completed abs changeover

sorry guys no pics, but very straightforwaed no prob what so ever. i located doner trk 95 jeep cherokee went to salvage yard 8:00am was pulling out of there at 9:15 am pulled the booster, mc., and proportioning valve. and the break pedal assy. and they just got a new not yet salvaged 95 w/ good rear hatch struts that i needed and the guy thre it in for freeeee. paid 75.00 for the entire lot of parts. got home and started pulling the old sht. pulled the little brass firecracker looking elect switch next to the big black. oh let me back up i unhooked the batt. and pumped down the system about 50 times. there was no pressure after this. next i disconnected the black ball then pulled the system off the fire wall after pulling the spring clip from the break pedal foue bolts under the dash on the firewall disconnected the lines break lines that bad boy was out. next i took the pump out on the other side of the engine bay. just take out the 4 or 5 bolts and un plug the elect plug. then held the new booster and mc in place figured out where the lines should be a couple lines had to be cut and new ends put on so went to the auto zone rented the flaring tool, had never used one before but everything went off without a hitch. when you take out the old system from your trk. cut the lines that need new ends as close to the prop. valve and you have plenty of line did not have to buy any and you will have the correct size ends that you need on the old prop. valve lines that you do not use. then i bolted the booster in place there is a backing plate on the inside of the fire wall that was a little tweaked and wasnt lining up with the holes had to have the wife push the booster through the holes and i was inside the truck lining up the backer plate and then it slid right through and i bolted it into place. hooked up the lines. the 95 cherokee was the same exact size brake rod, bolted up exactly same place as the old one did not have to use the other one i pulled from salvage. bled the lines now have awesome breaks i was a little intimidated before i did this but it was not really hard at all.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Well done Laddy!