Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Cherokee Sport pwr door and pwr windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Cherokee Sport pwr door and pwr windows

Greetings all new to the forum and new Cherokee Sort owner as of Yesterday. Well new to me anyway I picked up a 1994 Cherokee Sport form a small dealer who supplies my wife's company with vehicles its pretty clean two owner with 130k miles on it runs like a top so I'm pretty pleased my last Jeep was a very old CJ that has a SBC and was a real stump puller but sadly it went the way of the wrecking yard after it was flipped end over end a few times.

My new vehicle had a banged up D/S rear door so rather than fix it whihc I am more than capable of doing in my hot rod shop I decided to take the easy way out and do a door swap. I found a pretty nice donor Jeep in a neighboring state for $500 and he'll deliver it (sweet) Well as luck would have it the replacement Jeep is the same color (Bonus) so I notice that it has power windows ans power door locks also. So here is my question did they use two different wiring harnesses one for power and one for manual or did they use one wiring harness and tape back the unused connectors? I've been a mechanic for over 40 years and have seen this done on several different brands and model vehicles, would make more sense to do it but does anyone know if they used different wiring harness?

Thank you in advanced for any help you may be able to provide
Old 04-18-2016, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Manual doors had no wiring except for speaker wire.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPXJMOAB
Manual doors had no wiring except for speaker wire.
Of course, but thats not my question I am referring to the the vehicle wiring harness if you have one with non manual windows, you'll see a rubber plug in the doorshell and on the backside of the B pillar those plus are where the rubber conduit goes when you have power locks and power windows, what I'm asking about is the main body wiring harness