XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Questions for those in Oregon

Old 03-26-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Default Questions for those in Oregon

My fiance and I recently went on a trip to Oregon. (got back Wednesday) I was in Astoria she was in Bend. We both were visiting friends.

Anyways things I noticed while I was there is that there are so many lifted jeeps and most of the ones I noticed had trail rash and dents and looked like they are actually used (not always the case here in Wisconsin)

So my question is this: how are the trails there? I was doing a very small amount of googling and noticed that there seems to be a lot of places to go. Is that a wrong assumption?

Next, not trying to get technical, but are there anything special that those of you who wheel have on their rigs? Basically a 3" lift and short arms an ok? Skid plates a must?

We are considering a move to there. And I am wanting to hear from people who live there about trails and advice on where to go with my rig. Or well options.

Sorry for the somewhat goofy thread.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2016, 09:37 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L - I6

Used to live there (although not with my Jeep) but I was up there recently. Tons of little side trails and OHV areas to go through. For the most part, you'll be okay on some of them with a mild lift and decent tires. If you start getting into the technical places, that's when you might get some dings and what not.

I've used this before to find some spots, although there are a ton of hidden ones that aren't posted obviously.

https://www.trails.com/stateactivity.aspx?area=13140
Old 03-28-2016, 12:23 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L High Output

Originally Posted by snozberries
Used to live there (although not with my Jeep) but I was up there recently. Tons of little side trails and OHV areas to go through. For the most part, you'll be okay on some of them with a mild lift and decent tires. If you start getting into the technical places, that's when you might get some dings and what not.

I've used this before to find some spots, although there are a ton of hidden ones that aren't posted obviously.

https://www.trails.com/stateactivity.aspx?area=13140
Thanks!

Whether moving becomes a reality or not is a different story. But I like to have options.