Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

Lookin for my first XJ!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0 L
Exclamation Lookin for my first XJ!

im addicted to there look. Hopin for a 99-2001 xj. Help would be appreciated. any color. Preferably lifted. Rubicon express would be best. anything over 4 inch lift. 100,000 miles or highr. Mods excite me. new to this. What ya got? I got cash money to spend
Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: I6 4.0L

I have a 1999 Cherokee XJ Sport

Stock except for a replaced radiator and cat-back exhaust to pass inspection

The bad.
-The headliner was removed because the fiberglass was coming off.
-Passenger side front bumper is dented in
-Front bumper end caps were removed to make it look less awkward with the -bent bumper but i still have them if you do bend the bumper back to straight
-passenger side fender is crumpled by the turn signal at the front but still attaches fine
-the accident where the crumple/bending occurred before the inspection so it has passed inspection since the accident.
-i have the insurance letter from the accident and my inspection paper to confirm the dates

I'll take a picture if you're interested once i go home for easter.

Automatic. 4x4.

Right now it is in Maryland but i go to school at Virginia Tech. It has around 90k miles and passed VA inspection in February
Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0l

It is a 97 but that is the same exact thing as a 99-01?

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f11/97...-5000-a-86359/
Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by whocares8310
I have a 1999 Cherokee XJ Sport

Stock except for a replaced radiator and cat-back exhaust to pass inspection

The bad.
-The headliner was removed because the fiberglass was coming off.
-Passenger side front bumper is dented in
-Front bumper end caps were removed to make it look less awkward with the -bent bumper but i still have them if you do bend the bumper back to straight
-passenger side fender is crumpled by the turn signal at the front but still attaches fine
-the accident where the crumple/bending occurred before the inspection so it has passed inspection since the accident.
-i have the insurance letter from the accident and my inspection paper to confirm the dates

I'll take a picture if you're interested once i go home for easter.

Automatic. 4x4.

Right now it is in Maryland but i go to school at Virginia Tech. It has around 90k miles and passed VA inspection in February
send me pictures .... goldenboyboxing@yahoo.com im interested.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM

i also have a 99 cherokee sport, that has some damage to the front end. it needs a header hood and 2 fenders. it has a 2 inch lift that would go with it. the frame isnt bent. im located in easton pa. if you give me your email ill send you some pictures.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 PM
BDR

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 I-6
Default Might be worth a look...

Here's a link to some a wide variety of Jeeps for sale at some pretty good prices.

http://www.cherokeexj.com/

Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM

98 Grand Cherokee, dark charcoal metallic, close to perfect inside and out. Great looking Jeep.
New alt, batt and tires just before parked. Tires are a little larger than stock. 235/75/15's if i remember correctly. Regardless they are new. Still has the blue from factory on white letters. Has trans issues but not sure exactly what. Was wifes Jeep and bought her a new van so Jeep has just been sitting for a few months. Just been too busy to take a look at it. Been told to take out check ball in return line by trans cooler and would solve problem but sorry right now that's all I can tell you bout trans. It was parked at in-laws house when trans acted up. Told her to park it before caused any permanent damage if haven't already and she had her eye on this van so we bought it. Just been an out of site out of mind thing with other everyday issues going on and it didn't need to be driven. I had decided that I would make a toy out of it for myself but haven't made it that far. Only upgrade is K&N stock replacement air filter. Has high milage but drove very well before trans issue started and was parked. Guess I need to make the time to go get it and bring it home and give it a look see. Also have a 90 model Cherokee Sport. It was a third vehicle that didn't get driven much. It's been sitting also. Several years. Didn't want to start after sitting so long so my guess is gas is just that old. Maybe an Oring or two and some fresh gas and it could prolly be on the road again. It's red with grey interior and was also going to be made a toy after got around to it. I work full time and also race which takes allot of my time. Out of site out of mind again and prefer to spend my time making improvements to the race car. Also sitting at inlaws house. We used to live across the street from inlaws and it was moved across the street when we moved and didn't make the time to go get it and bring home to fix her up. It also drove great before the crib death from sitting so long. Have new injector orings to put in. Was gonna change those and drain tank and put fresh gas in and I'd bet she'd be running tip top again. A little rough around the edges but by no means in bad shape. Just needs a lil TLC. I would consider any reasonable offers on both Jeeps. No nonsense offers please because I don't have to sell these. But willing to take reasonable offers from someone interested. Would rather see somebody have some fun with these Jeeps than just let them sit. Letting one just sit is the worst thing you can do to a vehicle. Lee

Sent from my iPhone using CherokeeFM
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Last edited by 99xjclassic; 05-04-2011 at 12:21 PM.