New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New to the forum

Hey guys and gals. New to the forum. Live in northern idaho. I have a 98 cherokee picked it up for 800 bucks runs and drives great but of course now I have no blinkers and my right rear brake light doesn't work either. But I checked all fuses and relays with a volt meter and checked out. My left rear brake and turn signal still works but none of the others do haha
Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Welcome!!

start a thread in OEM Tech for help.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Year: 2000

Welcome, I am also a noob here, but long time reader and jeep lover.

I had similar issue just weeks ago, my culprit turned out to be the wiring harness connector. It was corroded caused by rot on my lower rear panel allowing moisture and grim to enter. I simply went to my local yard, snipped a good one spliced it in and called it a night.

My plans for my xj are to cut and fold the fenders, and rear quarter mainly bc of the rot. This jeep is going to be my huntin, light wheeling rig anyways. Planning on getting the better half a upgrade and moving her daily over to my daily. The fun begins
Attached Thumbnails New to the forum-img_0343.jpg   New to the forum-img_0344.jpg  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by cruiser54
Welcome!!

start a thread in OEM Tech for help.
I have a couple and haven't got anyone's two cents yet, I changed the multifunction switch and combination relay and still not getting power to the right rear turn signal and brake light. But all other lights work just fine
Old 04-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by huntin-addict
Welcome, I am also a noob here, but long time reader and jeep lover.

I had similar issue just weeks ago, my culprit turned out to be the wiring harness connector. It was corroded caused by rot on my lower rear panel allowing moisture and grim to enter. I simply went to my local yard, snipped a good one spliced it in and called it a night.

My plans for my xj are to cut and fold the fenders, and rear quarter mainly bc of the rot. This jeep is going to be my huntin, light wheeling rig anyways. Planning on getting the better half a upgrade and moving her daily over to my daily. The fun begins
wish mine was that simple. My plug is fine. Just not getting power to either the brake nor turn signal on the rear right. It's starting to **** me off haha
Old 04-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Have you visually checked the harness like I suggested above? Sounds like you have a "break" somewhere along the line. Maybe try to check for continuity on the wires that don't work
Old 04-07-2017, 02:18 PM

I'm gonna have to. Looks like I'm getting power from the brake switch out to the turn signal seitchswitch checked that and I have power from the turn signal switch to the fuses. But just that one brake like and turn don't have power to the back. I'll check the wiring for that one side
Old 04-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Got it all fixed. The smart guy (last owner) who cut the fenders and wheel wells cut. Cut right into the harness for the passenger side haha.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 PM

Good deal!