Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 6 cyl. 4.0
Default "Know nothing new guy"

Hey to everyone,
I own a 99' cherokee sport. My wife owns a 99' cherokee sport. 220,000 miles on mine and 320,000 miles on hers. Both completely stock.
I am a welder by trade and currently a machine operator. I say this as a precursor to the fact that I know very little about how to work on my own vehicles but I am mechanically inclined. I never had anyone to show me how to work on my own truck or what is what.
So as to the fact that my two jeeps have just about 550,000 miles on stock engines and they are both 20 years old it was time to learn.
I stumbled upon this forum about 2 months ago. In that short amount of time, (because of you guys and gals and because of this forum itself) I now do all the work on my jeeps myself. If I have the tools to do it, I will tackle it solely because of the fact that I have this forum to show me how.
I went from, only knowing that there is an engine under the hood, to checking angles on my rear drive shaft and trouble shooting hard start-ups and tracking it down to bad IAC valve and many other problems.
I now have a new love in my life, and that is JEEPS!!😆
Thank you to everyone that keeps this forum running and to everyone that is involved with this forum. I hope this forum will be running for some time to come due to the fact that you guys have ignited a new passion for me.
Final thought- much improvements and lift and tires going onto my jeep soon because of the help of this forum.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Eriklong
Hey to everyone,
I own a 99' cherokee sport. My wife owns a 99' cherokee sport. 220,000 miles on mine and 320,000 miles on hers. Both completely stock.
I am a welder by trade and currently a machine operator. I say this as a precursor to the fact that I know very little about how to work on my own vehicles but I am mechanically inclined. I never had anyone to show me how to work on my own truck or what is what.
So as to the fact that my two jeeps have just about 550,000 miles on stock engines and they are both 20 years old it was time to learn.
I stumbled upon this forum about 2 months ago. In that short amount of time, (because of you guys and gals and because of this forum itself) I now do all the work on my jeeps myself. If I have the tools to do it, I will tackle it solely because of the fact that I have this forum to show me how.
I went from, only knowing that there is an engine under the hood, to checking angles on my rear drive shaft and trouble shooting hard start-ups and tracking it down to bad IAC valve and many other problems.
I now have a new love in my life, and that is JEEPS!!😆
Thank you to everyone that keeps this forum running and to everyone that is involved with this forum. I hope this forum will be running for some time to come due to the fact that you guys have ignited a new passion for me.
Final thought- much improvements and lift and tires going onto my jeep soon because of the help of this forum.
Welcome! And good to hear everyone here was able to help! Please keep us updated as you get along with these!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

sounds like you're gonna fit right in and become a regular here. welcome, and enjoy your new passion. glad we can be a part of it.