Evening ladies and gents

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 of course
Default Evening ladies and gents

My name is Nick, if my S/N didn't give that away yet. Hail from the great Columbus, Ohio and I like long walks on the beach, riding bikes and thunderstorms.

After 8 years I once again own a Cherokee! I should explain....my first car I had was a 90 Cherokee, bought it with 205K on it, leaked oil like the BP spill, I rarely changed it, added any etc. It lasted another 20K miles of teenage neglect and angst. It was a great car till it nearly shot a valve through the hood. A few cars came and passed, namely a terrible neon and then moved into my VW stage. That lasted about 9 months, 4 of those with the car in the shop. Oh well, live and learn. Then 6 years ago bought my current car, my SVT Focus. Loads of money on mods and hundreds of layers of wax later, it got paid off a few months back. Still wanting to keep it and keep it nice, I decided I best get me a daily driver and keep the Focus for nice days and Auto-X etc. A few months back the Cherokee bug bit me again so when time came for said DD, my first thought was Jeep. Last night I found one that suited my needs in my price range so I snagged it up! No pics yet as it's sitting at my friends house awaiting tags but you all know what a Cherokee looks like right? Ok imagine a white one that's stock and that's mine for now. So, I'll either amaze or bore you with pics of my Focus instead.

Here she is, in all it's burple and gold glory. It's far from stock though. Has a Jackson Racing supercharger, full 2.5in header back exhaust, intake yada yada yada, custom tuning etc, suspension, brakes. Capable of a high 13 sec 1/4 which is enough to bruise some ego's coming from a Focus I should also mention it has 145K miles on it aswell. Runs the twisties with the best of them too...anywho, pics..

Pics of the Jeep to follow soon. It has a few issues I want to take care of right off the bat, a couple rust bubbles on the roof etc, otherwise just needs a good detailing.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 H.O I6

Welcome to the forum! Happy to see you got bit by the bug again! Focuses aren't my first choice but comparing them to every other Focus I've ever seen, you're ahead by leaps and bounds, especially considering all you've done to it! Anyways, enjoy the stay!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Welcome, from Wisconsin. And I also like the focus, it's good to see an American tuner.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Old 06-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 of course

Originally Posted by 91Laredo
Welcome to the forum! Happy to see you got bit by the bug again! Focuses aren't my first choice but comparing them to every other Focus I've ever seen, you're ahead by leaps and bounds, especially considering all you've done to it! Anyways, enjoy the stay!
Thanks man. Wasn't my first choice either, was looking at other cars and stumbled upon it. You'd really have to drive an SVT one to appreciate them, they aren't "just a Focus" like you see everyday.

Anywho, got my insurance and tags are squared away and just got it home. First thing up, detail the inside. Previous owner didn't care much for cleanliness and being a Detailer by trade I have to have my cars clean. I'll snap some better pics, many plans for it. Mostly small I.E. a good tune up and change all fluids (any recommendations or links are always helpful ), fix a couple rust bubbles, pull the front bumper out, repaint the grill, remove a few badges, full 3 step machine polish, detail and wax. And then some larger things I'd like such as late model jeep wheels and some better tires as well as a Thule roof rack. Speaking of such, are the factory bars strong enough for a basket or bike carrier?

Cell phone pic, more to come
Old 06-19-2010, 06:08 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

The factory roof rack can support 150 lbs.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0

"Thanks man. Wasn't my first choice either, was looking at other cars and stumbled upon it. You'd really have to drive an SVT one to appreciate them, they aren't "just a Focus" like you see everyday."
I've test driven one I saw on a lot. I liked it. (I always like the body style, I also Like the Honda Civic 3 door Hatch back SI) And prefer them over a Neon! And I knew the focus was doing rather well on the WRC circuit.

Last edited by 91 limited owner; 06-20-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Name:  welcome-BLUE.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  55.5 KB
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 9teen98