Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidAtl]: 2000 XJ Overland Build

Old 04-22-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 2000 XJ Overland Build

Hi All - I'm putting up my overland-designed XJ for someone to take across the finish line and enjoy. Standard story of guy who has jeep, then has a kid and buys a house, therefore a project must be sold :-(. I've owned it for 5-6 years now and have been building it up as I started getting into overlanding. My build link is below for the entire write up. The build link currently does not show the dirtbound offroad steel fenders, Boostwerks Engineering ultimate steering brace, fixed roof rust or my completed front axle swap with 1 ton steering. Asking $8k (does not include RTT). I have over $25,000 in parts/labor with receipts from legit shops in the area that can vouch for the work.. All documentation will go along with the jeep.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/20...-build-229946/

The Good:Front Suspension/Axle:Rock Krawler 3 link long arm front suspensionFront coil springs (4.5" Rubicon Express Heavy Duty)Brand new rebuilt front HP Dana 30 axle--4.88 gearsYukon chromoly axle shaftsBrand new outter axle sealsJCR axle truss, upper and lower C gusset trusses as wellARB Air locker in frontG2 heavy duty diff coverCustom relocated front sway bars for 3 link long armsSteering/Brakes:Boostwerks Engineering Ultimate XJ Steering BraceCustom 1 ton over the knuckle cross-over steering2004 grand cherokee knuckles with Akebono calipers2004 Calipers and rotorsEBC Yellow Stuff Brake PadsCentric Premium Rotors Rear Suspension:Chrysler 8.25 axle with mechanical locker in rear--4.88 gearsCompletely rebuilt rear suspension on Old Man Emu rear leaf springsG2 Heavy Duty diff coverWheels/Tires:True beadlocks from Champion Offroad5 33x12.50r15 BFG NA KO2 tiresCustom sandblasted and powdercoated wheels from Coatings USA Brand new Grade 8 hardware (bolts and washers)Other Upgrades:IBS dual battery system with second odyssey deep cycle battery--all utilizing 2 gauge wiringEngel 45 quart fridgeViair onboard air system: twin compressors with 2.5 air tank. Can run air tools, refill tires, and pressurize the water systemCompletely built custom roof rack: ARB awning with full room, custom floor welded in, custom welded mountain rack, RoadShower 3 (onboard water) attached, offroad light tabs welded onNP231 transfer case - Complete rebuild kitAdvanced Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator kitFront AND rear custom length Tom Woods drive shaftsSmittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with swing out tire carrier for 5th tireBrand new complete AC systemGrand Cherokee leather seats (front and rear)Heavy duty Synergy ball joints kit upper and lowerBrown Dog motor mountsDurango v8 160amp high output alternatorNew exhaustBoostwerks Engineer HD 231 TC shift Linkage(4) Hella 700 Lamp Kit (on roof rack)(3) Hella 700 yellow fogs (on front bumper)Fatmat (sound deadener) all interior door cavities, entire floor, and rear hatchHerculined entire floor overtop of fatmat as extra layer of protection from interior waterBrand new black carpet through entire cab (front and tail gate), with additional mass backing option for even more sound deadeningNew shims for driveline angle correctionNew crank shaft sensorChange front and rear yoke seals of transfer caseU joints, wheel bearings, front differential seal, New valve cover gasketMonstaliner entire exterior of jeep in blackInstall thicker gauge headlight harness, install new headlightsH4 head light upgrade (clear lenses for huge light output improvement, 100% legal)u-joint assembly spicer 1310 series (5x)Tow Hitch wiring kit from QuadratecNew thermostat housingDirtbound Offroad Steel fender flaresRemovable front doors
The bad:
Front e-locker is installed, but needs to be wired to a switch
Roof rack needs to be repainted one day
Herculiner exterior has some parts that is not perfect anymore
Sway bar brackets need to be redone. After the front axle swap with one ton steering, the drag link hits the bracket
Driveline angle needs to be fixed after the front axle swap. Jeep has some highway vibration because of it
Hood latch stopped working. Just purchased Autofab hood latches to replace entire system (in progress)

I will post pictures of interior tomorrow when I can get some new photos in daylight.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Available?