Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to drop the coin

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0
Default Ready to drop the coin

Ok, I'm getting ready to purchase the products I believe will achieve what I'm expecting for my pavement queen that was severely neglected by the previous owner.

He installed a 2" lift (pucks, shackles, front coils and 4 shocks) that is beyond worn out. I've decided to go with the RE 3.5" w/full leafs, AA/Tom Woods CV rather than a hack 'n' tap, Bilsteins all around, an adjustable track bar and replacing the rest of the suspension/ steering bushings that are shot.

Since I'm doing this myself I'm trying to be sure I've got all the components that necessary to accomplish these changes quickly. There are 3 areas that I'm uncertain about though:

1) I noticed that Rusty's site states to take the measurement for the TW driveshaft, then notify them of the length and then they will ship it. This puts me behind schedule. Is there any way to know the correct length in advance to avoid more downtime?

2) The procedure for shimming the rear axle, if necessary, is unclear to me at this point so, I've got to read up on it.

3) Need to learn more about bump-stops/ extended bump-stops and whether or not my build will require them.

I'm trying to make this change as smooth and quick as possible and this forum has been a tremendous help thus far in my ownership of this vehicle. Thanks!