Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive camber after drag link and tie rod replacement?

Old 08-18-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Positive camber after drag link and tie rod replacement?

So after I replaced my drag link, and tie rod and tie rod ends yesterday I noticed that it looked like I have positive camber???

It drives down the road fine, and I just replaced the ball joints a few days ago, so it makes me think I have something not right in either the drag link or tie rod length...

Can anyone take a look at these pictures and possibly tell what could be the culprit? I'm new to all this and just trying to learn as I go.

I'm on a small angle / hill on my driveway but I wouldn't think that would cause it to look like this... Also when I pulled it in more into the garage, I could still see it and my garage is level.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming I either made something too long, or not long enough. I'm not sure if that is all tie rod, or drag link, or both?

Also I'm just assuming since I'm really not sure. but if I am correct, would it need to be longer or shorter?
Old 08-19-2018, 08:33 AM
awg
CF Veteran

Received 602 Likes on 512 Posts
Year: 96
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by HighOnLift
I'm assuming I either made something too long, or not long enough. I'm not sure if that is all tie rod, or drag link, or both?

Also I'm just assuming since I'm really not sure. but if I am correct, would it need to be longer or shorter?
camber is not adjustable on XJ

toe-in is adjustable via tie rod, and draglink, and I use the draglink to straighten my steering wheel when I am done (unlike the alignment shop, who lock yr steering wheel to centre)

XJ should have ~0 toe-in, so shouldnt be hard to check, I set mine with slight toe-in