Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after market drag link and tie rod 2000 xj

Old 12-08-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default after market drag link and tie rod 2000 xj

Whats up everyone i just put in my 5.5 inch long arm IRO lift and i am looking to beef up my drag link and tie rod a bit, any pointers or recommendations on what brand to go with? thanks -Manny
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you want bolt on the zj v8 steering is stronger and bolts on,You can buy it any auto parts store 93-98 jeep grand cherokee v8.Next step up the 1 ton tre which you have under the knuckle and over the knuckle.Both you have to drill out your knuckles and pitman arm and ream them which not something a rookie should do you have to drill it prefectly straight.The over the knuckle you will have to change the track bar and its axle mount and move the sway bar mounts up.Something new on the market is http://www.bleeoffroad.com/store/b-l...d-steering-kit but i have no idea if its bolt on or takes drilling its best to ask b lee before buying to make sure.And some states with inspections don't like a heim joint in the steering so keep that in mind if you want that kit and live in a place that does car inspections.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:39 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

A lot depends on what you intend on using for your final tire size the current 33's or larger. Along with the off road usage you are going to be on most all the time rock crawler, trails, etc.

I have a 4 1/2" short arm running 33 and 35" tires and tried to make the same decision myself when I stepped up to 35's. I had installed the ZJ TRE's setup very early with the 33's were installed.

I decided to wait for a while till I had a problem, after all that setup only cost me a $100 at AutoZone so not much lost if it broke or bent. That was several years ago and still using it with the 35's at times for off road use " mostly all old trails that have closed for quite a few years due to non up keep.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0l

Thank slot for the help!! Think I'll go with the set up off the zj
Old 12-10-2016, 08:28 PM
CF Veteran

Just make sure its for a v8 zj because the zj 6 cylinder one had the same hollow steering the xj does.