Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More "JunkYard" parts info,,,,Track bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5
Default More "JunkYard" parts info,,,,Track bars

My XJ is 6" or more lifted. Originally I was using the stock track-bar with 2 drop/extender brackets. I modded the upper bracket with a plate to use the factory Trackbar. Well the Jeep was feeling kinda "swervy" so I decided to try and find a track bar to fit.

After much research and measuring of my front end.
I ended up with a TJ Jeep REAR track bar. With BOTH track bar relocation brackets installed I needed like 33.25" eye to eye.(IIRC) Anyway I measured it all up and IT WORKED !!

So if ya need a front track bar for your lifted Cherokee,, now you have another option to use and consider.

Remember,, I am at 6+ inches of lift and am using BOTH track bar relocation brackets,,, the axle mounted one and the frame mounted one.

If you want pics or have any questions,,, just ask,,

Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by 96XJ2Door
My XJ is 6" or more lifted. Originally I was using the stock track-bar with 2 drop/extender brackets. I modded the upper bracket with a plate to use the factory Trackbar. Well the Jeep was feeling kinda "swervy" so I decided to try and find a track bar to fit.

I ended up with a TJ Jeep REAR track bar. With BOTH track bar relocation brackets installed I needed like 33.25" eye to eye.(IIRC) Anyway I measured it all up and IT WORKED !!

So if ya need a front track bar for your lifted Cherokee,, now you have another option to use and consider.

Remember,, I am at 6+ inches of lift and am using BOTH track bar relocation brackets,,, the axle mounted one and the frame mounted one.

PICS! lol, and thankyou for this info! i was wondering if there was another way to have a good track bar with our spending a lot of money. a guy i know just runs a grand chero tb. and i was going to buy the double-shear from iron rock. what do you think should be modified to fit a 3.5" lift?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

Originally Posted by 96XJ2Door

pics would be awesome!! and i would just like to know the strength factors when running both brackets? if its comprimised? if so how much? etc etc. seems like a pheasable idea and something that could work great and save people some serious cash.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 242CID I-6

awesome thanks for letting us know!