Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIquid Iron Slider Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0
Default LIquid Iron Slider Boxes

Anyone run them or know of people who do that can give a quick review? I really like them and thinking about ordering a set once my tax return comes in. I've seen a dozen of the same pictures that aren't really current and haven't found many reviews on them. All the ones I've found have been positive though. Just looking for more information.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

We use leaf sliders on some of our race cars, but I dont really see the point on a jeep. When you get torsional forces on a leaf it binds up the slider, which is the last thing you want when driving slow and letting the suspension articulate.

If you were doing jeep speed or had a prerunner type setup I could see sliders being relevant.

If you dont already have them just get some shackle relocation boxes and set up a proper shackle angle.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by LACK
We use leaf sliders on some of our race cars, but I dont really see the point on a jeep. When you get torsional forces on a leaf it binds up the slider, which is the last thing you want when driving slow and letting the suspension articulate.

interesting point, I had never considered that. Seems like the sliders fell off the map a bit, I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has had them for a couple years to see if they still like them

I can't imagine them being bad. Anyway I don't have any other input

except the OP should just 4 link it
Old 01-13-2017, 02:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Atmos
interesting point, I had never considered that. Seems like the sliders fell off the map a bit, I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has had them for a couple years to see if they still like them I can't imagine them being bad. Anyway I don't have any other input except the OP should just 4 link it
Lol don't think I haven't looked at that. But wouldn't do that with stock axles.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:44 PM
CF Veteran

interesting point, I had never considered that. Seems like the sliders fell off the map a bit, I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has had them for a couple years to see if they still like them

I can't imagine them being bad. Anyway I don't have any other input

except the OP should just 4 link it

Sliders on a crawler type build are unnecessary IMO. If youre looking for travel beyond what relocation brackets and longer shackles will give you.... Its time to do a link/ coil conversion like you said.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LACK
Sliders on a crawler type build are unnecessary IMO. If youre looking for travel beyond what relocation brackets and longer shackles will give you.... Its time to do a link/ coil conversion like you said.
I'm not, just saying I have looked at them. Running 33s on a 3.5" lift and will probably run long arms and 35s with the same lift one day. Only thing I have now is MJ shackles with worn bushings. I can flex alright. If sliders and relocators flex about the same I'll go with the sliders. Just seeing if anyone on here besides Royal, who I'm messaging now,has personally run them before.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:56 PM
CF Veteran

Ive run sliders on vehciles, and they bind up all the time on oval track race cars if not aligned perfectly. On a jeep that would compound drastically.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by unidentifiedbomb
Lol don't think I haven't looked at that. But wouldn't do that with stock axles.
ayyyy come on now. Suspension is universal, you can swap any rear end into that 4 link. just gotta cut/salvage a couple axle brackets

If you like the concept of sliders more than you like a conventional shackle I say just do it. LII is a good company with good folk and good products. I wouldn't question the quality or effectiveness of sliders

Let me dig up this thread, it may answer some of your questions

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/le...hackle-142993/
Old 01-13-2017, 06:01 PM
CF Veteran

If you like the concept of sliders more than you like a conventional shackle I say just do it. LII is a good company with good folk and good products. I wouldn't question the quality or effectiveness of sliders

Let me dig up this thread, it may answer some of your questions

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/le...hackle-142993/
Thanks Atmos. Read the whole thread the other day actually. I'm thinking they'll work great for me and I like being different. Haven't found any significant flex shot differences between those and relocators. And no real concerns that I've found. But I'm sure there's a few on here, still active, that can chime in.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Im right there with you. I'm going to go slider boxes. Jersey is more higher speed stuff, not like when I lived in PA crawling slowly around the trails. I'll hit PA maybe once a year. Going to try them out and see how it is. My shackle angle blowwwwwwwwwwwwwws right now
Old 01-13-2017, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ
Im right there with you. I'm going to go slider boxes. Jersey is more higher speed stuff, not like when I lived in PA crawling slowly around the trails. I'll hit PA maybe once a year. Going to try them out and see how it is. My shackle angle blowwwwwwwwwwwwwws right now
I live in DE now, NJ native. But do plan on lots of trips to Rausch and maybe someday back to Western PA where I started to wheel. Down here it's just trail rides on private land with a local club then OC Jeep Week. If I get them I'll post a thorough review post and update it every once in a while to let people know how it turned out.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 PM
CF Veteran

I hear ya. My once a year trip to PA is Rausch Creek lol. Probably going out Memorial Day weekend.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:36 PM
CF Veteran

I hear ya. My once a year trip to PA is Rausch Creek lol. Probably going out Memorial Day weekend.
Looking at going in February if possible.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:44 PM
CF Veteran

My **** is nowhere near ready to go on a rausch trip. I don't trust driving that far either. I need to get trailered out which is why I'm planning on MDW when all my buddies head out. They'll let me jump on a trailer lol
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 PM
CF Veteran

My **** is nowhere near ready to go on a rausch trip. I don't trust driving that far either. I need to get trailered out which is why I'm planning on MDW when all my buddies head out. They'll let me jump on a trailer lol
I rented a Uhaul trailer for $55 when I went up last. Dual axle and handled fine. Mine was on stands for 5 months afterwards getting repairs and upgrades done so should be good to go by then