ZOmbies XD

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2
Default ZOmbies XD

what would you do to your jeep if zombies invaded?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited
Model: Cherokee

Full x-o, nice solid plow/push bar, caged machine gun up top with 360* turning radius, flame throwers, slots for chainsaw blades on sides and back. Would also have spare tank of fuel added. Of coarse the lights, extra power, try to make some solid tires also.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6

chop top with a .50 cal mounted machine gun
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4L v6

You may want to reword it... What have to done.....
Nice thing about the XJ is that is already 90% ready stock. The other 10% is just fun stuff

*subscribed* this thread will be epic
Old 11-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by ski_junkie
You may want to reword it... What have to done.....
Nice thing about the XJ is that is already 90% ready stock. The other 10% is just fun stuff

*subscribed* this thread will be epic
This guy's got the right idea! I always tell my friends, when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, first 4 people to find me are guaranteed survival in the XJ - we'll be heading up North to do some snow-wheelin' in the end times, haha!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 PM

Year: 1989 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Renix

Haha, cool thread, my buddy and I are always talkin' about adding armor to our XJ's in case of Zombies! It would be so fun to run some over with an XJ......
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Destination XJ
Full x-o, nice solid plow/push bar, caged machine gun up top with 360* turning radius, flame throwers, slots for chainsaw blades on sides and back. Would also have spare tank of fuel added. Of coarse the lights, extra power, try to make some solid tires also.
Haha you've already thought about this long and hard havent you??
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 PM

Year: 97
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

thats what i was thinking too not a bad idea pretty built
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1989
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.o

I would put metal mesh over the outside of the windows,extra fuel,re-enforce the doors so they couldnt be ripped open, a plow on the front would be good but not needed with my front bumper. A roof mounted mini gun that was computer operated. Maybe a v8 for added speed. Lockers front and back. Some blades that stuck out from rock sliders, blades that rotated on the center of the rims. Put some night vision goggles in it, hook up a fler camera. A 800 mgh radio, a vhf radio. Put extra food, water,ammo and guns inside. Maybe replace the wheels with tracks.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Seasoned Member

First, 5.0 stroker with a supercharger AND turbocharger Low and high end FTW! Next is the full exo cage, with interior cage. Plexi'd windows to prevent shattering/breaking, PC controlled LAW Rocket launcher with signal flares, and a PC controlled M249 Saw all on top. Lockers, beefed tranny, Dana 60 front/rear. Mattracks Track system instead of wheels/tires. 3/4" steel plating welded onto exocage. KC Daylighter 155W Halogens 5 up front, 5 out back, 4 on roof goin forward, 4 goin backward, 5 on each side of roof.

Military grade radio, 5 Optima Yellow Tops, Night Vision Goggles, Thermal Goggles, a Barret .50 cal for the long shots. Recaro racing seats, 2 up front, 2 to replace rear bench. An NRG removable steering wheel so nobody can take my *****in XJ. Food, water, clothes, etc.

And to top ot all off, my Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Mossberg 590 12 gauge slug barrel, Reminton 597 .22 cal (for the kiddie zombies lol), and my Rock River Arms custom AR-15 with a Barret 6.8 spc custom floated chrome barrel flat top receiver with a Trijicon ACOG.

All of those ARE my guns except the AR lol. Alls I have is the fully assembled lower. Still lookin for an upper.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 AM

Year: 87
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Kmart164
First, 5.0 stroker with a supercharger AND turbocharger Low and high end FTW! Next is the full exo cage, with interior cage. Plexi'd windows to prevent shattering/breaking, PC controlled LAW Rocket launcher with signal flares, and a PC controlled M249 Saw all on top. Lockers, beefed tranny, Dana 60 front/rear. Mattracks Track system instead of wheels/tires. 3/4" steel plating welded onto exocage. KC Daylighter 155W Halogens 5 up front, 5 out back, 4 on roof goin forward, 4 goin backward, 5 on each side of roof.

Military grade radio, 5 Optima Yellow Tops, Night Vision Goggles, Thermal Goggles, a Barret .50 cal for the long shots. Recaro racing seats, 2 up front, 2 to replace rear bench. An NRG removable steering wheel so nobody can take my *****in XJ. Food, water, clothes, etc.

And to top ot all off, my Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Mossberg 590 12 gauge slug barrel, Reminton 597 .22 cal (for the kiddie zombies lol), and my Rock River Arms custom AR-15 with a Barret 6.8 spc custom floated chrome barrel flat top receiver with a Trijicon ACOG.

All of those ARE my guns except the AR lol. Alls I have is the fully assembled lower. Still lookin for an upper.
im going to do nothing but drive to your house
Old 11-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by bassackwards
im going to do nothing but drive to your house
LMFAO!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996

well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks about these kinds of things.

first off, 1/4" steel plates on side and rear windows with slits for shooting guns through. Heavy duty steel mesh for the windshield. Some sort of run-flat tire would be a necessity IMO, as in any post apocalyptic society you'd have to imagine there will be lots of random debris laying around. I'd add an additional gas tank into the rear that would automatically feed into the original. It would be slim and I'd be able to put a new floor over the top of it with minimal loss to cargo space. Lots and lots of lights. Flood lights front, rear and sides. Cameras and a screen mounted into the dash. Push button ignition(who has time for keys when there are zombies chasing you?)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996

Ok, continued... I was almost late to work with my first response. A factor outside of the actual XJ is that the internet would still be working for at least a while after the initial "outbreak" so first and foremost would be to get on here to establish some sort of a rallying place, as survival of a group is easier than making it as a few or alone. And think how awesome an army of XJ survivalists roaming the land Mad Max style for gas, food, and supplies all the while battling the zombie hoards would be. And make no mistake gas would be very important for our gas guzzling ways!

Ok, details aside, back to the XJ. A massive bull bar would be a necessity for all the walking dead I would inevitably be plowing through. A few extra batteries to power all the "extras". A moon roof with metal sliding roof(no glass or canvas, bad idea) that could be slid open to shoot from the top. A full set of skid plates(don't want guts and stuff getting all tangled up under the engine and stuff!) And lots of roof rack/hitch accessories for added storage space. That's all I can really think of for now...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited

Originally Posted by Tankerblade
Haha you've already thought about this long and hard havent you??
Actually I havent, LOL I mean I have thought about the Zombie invasion for a long time but not what I would do to a vehicle.

It would be a bit better if I thought.

Some of these are over the top, Like kmarts.

I think He is adding alot of weight thats not necessary for Zombie survival, And all those guns (rocket launcher) are gonna need lots of ammo which will add lots of weight, not to mention everything else (batteries/added steel/water and food), Plus have room with it to have passengers.

Also Im not sure if the tracks will be such a good idea, What if you break one? Where are you gonna find replacement parts? I think an expandable foam filled tire IMO would be a better choice. I would also stay away from s/c'd and t/c'd for the fact of fixing/replacing too. Just a nice built i6 or v8 would be enough.

For anthony,

You have a good start to an amazing survival vehicle! I like the flat tank idea, and love the push button! It would still have normal key starting capabilities right?

I am also doing this for bettering our knowledge of SHTF survival.

Quick Reply: ZOmbies XD