Stock look?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Stock look?

is anyone else a fan of the stock look on the cherokees? I am, and was wondering if there was anyone else who agrees.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM

Engine: i6 4.0L High Output

I like the stock look, other than the stance. It looks far too much like a station wagon, or boring family car. It's amazing what a lift and tires will do to a Cherokee.

Other than lift and tires though, i'm all about the stock look. I had a guy try to battle me the other day because I didn't want to bedline my headliner -___-
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by chadh92
I like the stock look, other than the stance. It looks far too much like a station wagon, or boring family car. It's amazing what a lift and tires will do to a Cherokee.

Other than lift and tires though, i'm all about the stock look. I had a guy try to battle me the other day because I didn't want to bedline my headliner -___-
Speaking of headliner... mine is starting to sag. got any links to cheap fixes?
LOL how'd that battle go?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987 & 1996
Engine: 4.0

Hows this for Stock "Look" it does have 3" lift and just plain Goodyear Wrangler AT's 235.75.15 from wallyworld.

Last edited by Caish; 07-09-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 PM

Engine: i6 4.0L High Output

Originally Posted by countrycherokee
Speaking of headliner... mine is starting to sag. got any links to cheap fixes?
LOL how'd that battle go?
Yep mine's sagging too. Here's a guide:

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutoria...headliner.html

I've heard of other users getting the fabric for like $25 at other places, and then a can of 3M adhesive (orange can), and doing it and it came out just fine. The price on that website for the kit is around $60, and comes with some lower quality adhesive, Dap, rather than the good 3M stuff.

Seems like a pretty easy 2-3 hour project though.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:49 PM
CF Veteran

Headliners:
WE've done several of them over the years.
We just visit the fabric store and get the new material and like the previous post said just 3M spray adhesive.
The old foam backing is kinda nasty, but it comes off with a stiff hair brush easy enough.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Caish

Hows this for Stock "Look" it does have 3" lift and just plain Goodyear Wrangler AT's 235.75.15 from wallyworld.

Originally Posted by chadh92
Yep mine's sagging too. Here's a guide:

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutoria...headliner.html

I've heard of other users getting the fabric for like $25 at other places, and then a can of 3M adhesive (orange can), and doing it and it came out just fine. The price on that website for the kit is around $60, and comes with some lower quality adhesive, Dap, rather than the good 3M stuff.

Seems like a pretty easy 2-3 hour project though.
Originally Posted by Caish
Headliners:
WE've done several of them over the years.
We just visit the fabric store and get the new material and like the previous post said just 3M spray adhesive.
The old foam backing is kinda nasty, but it comes off with a stiff hair brush easy enough.
great pictures, man.
And thanks guys! i'll look into the headliner for sure.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM
AWP

Year: 1999

I like the stock Cherokee XJ look, thats why I spent a year looking for a 12 yr. old vehicle to replace my YJ. I prefer 2-3"s of lift. A size or two bigger tire.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

I gotta stock 96 with 240,000 miles on it. Still looks and runs good. It'd look better with a 3in lift and sum 31s though lol
Attached Thumbnails Stock look?-image-2141439242.jpg  
Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Engine: 4.0 inline 6 cyl.

I really like the "modified stock" look. I'd like to do about a 3" lift and get some 30", or 31" tires, but use my stock wheels. Everybody has black wheels.

I do plan on getting a winch mounted bumper with a grill guard, but that's because I'm planning to use the winch and I want the grill guard because I ruined my last vehicle on a deer.

All that being said, one of my favorite sayings is "There's no such thing as too much overkill" and I may turn into some sort of a mad scientist putting things on. We'll see.

But, yeah.....I like the stock look. I like the mod look. I like the XJ look....period.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 6cyl

Im not a huge fan of the stock look because to me, just like somone said above, it looks to much like a station wagon. But once a decent size lift and tires are put on one of these things, its one of the best looking cars on the road and i wouldn't want to drive anything else
Old 07-10-2011, 01:13 AM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.Slow

I like my station wagon! Yes my title says SW under body style and insurance is cheaper cause of it. But people keep wanting me to rip my flares off and cut the fenders but I like them because everyone else doesn't have them. Individuality is one of the main things that makes a vehicle yours and stand out from the rest. Plain and simple, customize to your liking and enjoy.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:29 AM

Engine: 4.0 6cyl

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star
I like my station wagon! Yes my title says SW under body style and insurance is cheaper cause of it. But people keep wanting me to rip my flares off and cut the fenders but I like them because everyone else doesn't have them. Individuality is one of the main things that makes a vehicle yours and stand out from the rest. Plain and simple, customize to your liking and enjoy.
I honestly love that you said this. Just because one person likes the looks of something doesn't mean the next person has to like it too. It's the variety and individuality that keeps things interesting!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star
I tend to tick people off when I tell them "That is not a TRUCK" its a station wagon.
Nothing wrong with that either, dad had many station wagons when I was a kid. They're great to haul the whole family and misc junk with them.

I'm looking for an AMC Eagle 4x4 wagon atm, just a fixer upper to go with my XJ.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Engine: 4.0 L

I agree with you guys, I like the look of a stock XJ, it is a miracle what 3" lift and some meats will do.....but hey stock looks great too. Some of the heavily modified Xj's loook great also, like the ones that people turn into a truck bed or put a soft top on the back half....whatever floats the owners boat. The XJ is the best looking jeep ever made IMHO. If you wanna paint it pink with green dots on the side...go for it. Thats just me $.02.

Quick Reply: Stock look?