Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I-6 4.0 HO
Default Lucky with the CherokeeForum

I was glancing around at some of the other Jeep forums... and my God they are all a bunch of a**holes! I feel really lucky for all the help I recieve and give out here and how it is all handled nicely and clearly. Those other guys argue like kids and use profanity and call each other morons.. It's terrible. No, this is a big BIG BIG thank you to all those out there on this forum as well as the creators and mods of the forum that give out all that help and never act like a dick about it.

I think I speak for many people when I say THANK YOU!!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L I-6

I have to agree with you! It's nice to ask a newbie type question & not get bashed for it. Or have your thread jacked!!!
This site is pretty laid back.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the first thing I noted as I lurked around.

I think I saw one incident of trolling, and the troll was taken care of in a very professional and mature way. "Put up or shut up". I liked that.

The fact that this place is as laid back and mature as it is, is the very reason I decided to join. I may have years of experience fabricating everything from mining equipment to elevators, but I bet their are more then just a few "Kids" around here that would school me in the world of Jeepin'.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 (74,000miles)

When I first reg here, I asked for help, and got it. Asked for pointers and got that too. I didn't know a thing about XJ's. After a few weeks, I was really edumacated. I even went surfing the web for other sites like this one, but I didnt even register with them. This site is not only friendly and helpful, but user friendly as well! Thank You, Thank You!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Well I have been around to many jeep forums with my YJ, and have seen my share of turds for sure. This forum seems really nice so far.

I also am a supermod on one forum (Coastal Carolina Offroad ) & an admin on the one in my sig.

So I know what it takes to keep something like this a fun place to come to.

Keeping the spammers out alone is quite a chore. Then you get some who like to ruffle other peoples feathers too.

Gotta say y'all are doing a great job here!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 rebuilt w/ bored TB, banks header, upgraded ignition, 3 row rad, high flow h2o pump, 180* t-stat

I love this site. Im a member of several other forums (pirate included) and this one is by far my favorite, and the only one I support.
the people are usually respectful and more than willing to help, which is awesome.
only regret I have is once I found CF, the XJ build went into OD, and now im kinda broke
lol but the fun times were all worth it!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

completely agree. I'm on a couple other forums, but I think I've visited them maybe 10 times combined since joining here. It's the best forum I've been on and the only one I've given $$ to.

Tons of great help and advice. Great place to show what you're doing and get feedback and opinions. Couple black sheep, but they're dealt with very well, and not just by the mods. Mods do a really good job of keeping the crap out. I can't imagine how much time they spend on here keeping ti clean for the rest of us. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Great job everyone!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee
Cool

Hows' that song go?
We are Fam a leee all my brothers ...sistors......and ME!

Family site is what makes this Forum work well.. Keep it up everyone.