Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Lift

Okay as a 16 year old kid.. I ended up getting a 1990 jeep Cherokee. Don't get me wrong I love this vehicle. It's just a little normal. Is there anything I can do to make it seem different. We want to put about a 3-4 inch lift. I love to wheel in mud and snow so I don't want anything that will stop that. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:09 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Search?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Drewdude44
Okay as a 16 year old kid.. I ended up getting a 1990 jeep Cherokee. Don't get me wrong I love this vehicle. It's just a little normal. Is there anything I can do to make it seem different. We want to put about a 3-4 inch lift. I love to wheel in mud and snow so I don't want anything that will stop that. Thanks.

if you have a jeep you can play in the mud and snow...if you lift it and beef it up some you can play in deeper mud and snow and rocks....

look around here at other members photos and their build pages...should get you a good idea of what can be done...

oh and dont be one of "those guys" who reply with one word its rude and does not contribute to the friendly community here.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 AM

Haha I'm glad you know who "those guys" are, Mr 20 Post. But like i said Search. If you do you would come up with threads like: this, this to find out what you want your xj to look like, and this to find out what junkyard parts will fit on an xj. Better Mr 20 post? It wasnt only one word this time. But by doing that one word i got all of this information... WOW!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by MiNi
Haha I'm glad you know who "those guys" are, Mr 20 Post. But like i said Search. If you do you would come up with threads like: this, this to find out what you want your xj to look like, and this to find out what junkyard parts will fit on an xj. Better Mr 20 post? It wasnt only one word this time. But by doing that one word i got all of this information... WOW!
hey, its all good next time just skip the smart *** remarks and the one word replys and just write something helpful..

oh and if all i did was one word posts i would have as many as you

life isnt about the number(falic symbol) of posts we have...is it?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 AM

yeah man. just search my name and see how many one word posts i have. including that one its a total of one. your so ****ing cool dude. im glad your a member of cherokee forum cause you make everyone feel welcome here. and his post is in the wrong forum... so just stop talking and go play with yourself
Old 01-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 High Output

Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Year: 1988

Old 01-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 87

Do a search on the topic. Read the rules before you start posting up. Start a newbie thread and introduce yourself. You would get a better response from the community.
Back on topic.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by daski
if you have a jeep you can play in the mud and snow...if you lift it and beef it up some you can play in deeper mud and snow and rocks....

look around here at other members photos and their build pages...should get you a good idea of what can be done...

oh and dont be one of "those guys" who reply with one word its rude and does not contribute to the friendly community here.
Alright thats enough. Don't make me have to baby sit.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
"CF Moderator"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: l6 HO

You tellem Dan...lol...Tj
Old 01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Actually I have had it with rude members he can goto timeout. Act like a child get treated that way. So mini can go sit in time out and thnk about his actions.

My new years resolution for the site it we will no longer put up with idiots.

Anyways sorry carry on and help the new member out.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:42 PM
CF Veteran

yeah man. just search my name and see how many one word posts i have. including that one its a total of one. your so ****ing cool dude. im glad your a member of cherokee forum cause you make everyone feel welcome here. and his post is in the wrong forum... so just stop talking and go play with yourself
You really were a ***** of a douche with the search? comment.

It really isnt that difficult to say:

"If you look around on here there are threads for how jeeps look with certain lifts, lift kit reviews and many other things you might find useful"

I've simply said "Search" before but when I got called out on it I didnt flip out as if I was getting picked on, i returned with the links to threads within the forum that you could find.

If you're less lazy people like you more
Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8 V6

3 inch lift and 31 inch tires is kinda cheap (depending on the company) and its enough to look agressive. Brush guards or new bumpers help in looks to. For perfomance though bigger lift and tires is good but after you go past 3.5 inches in lift youll need to add a lot of things that jack up the price. Like a transfer case drop, a SYE, and longer break lines all around.
With tires if you go past 31's then it is recomended to regear your axle. Not needed because i have 2 friends with 33's on stock gears, but this will be harder on gas and make your transmission work harder