Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, CAI, Edelbrock Breather, Optima Yellowtop
Default I love cops!

Alright plenty of people hate them but I have to say one thing, they're ****ing awesome.
I locked my keys in my XJ at school today due to the fact that I was in a hurry and I really wasn't paying attention. When I noticed my keys weren't in my pocket, I started walking back to my jeep. As that happened; a lifted dodge ram literally ran over and destroyed the front end of a Neon (not BSing it happened and it was a Holy S*** moment). The sheriff came and while he was writing a report, I walked over and told him how I couldnt get into my Jeep. He helped me break into my XJ using a police lockout kit and he was out in the cold helping me for about an hour until we finally fished my keys through a small crack in the upper door frame. The saying "to SERVE, and protect" is definitely true, I'm glad there's officers out there that are willing to help others and their community as a whole! I didn't need to call a locksmith so he even saved me money!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

That's awesome. I'm glad you found a nice cop. In the PD I work for, everyone seems to help anyone who gets locked out because it happens to us quite often. I've learned to always carry a second key just for that reason.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 89

Originally Posted by nicksdsm
That's awesome. I'm glad you found a nice cop. In the PD I work for, everyone seems to help anyone who gets locked out because it happens to us quite often. I've learned to always carry a second key just for that reason.
i have one hanging just under the radiator behind my bumper on a key ring

as for the cops, they are people so there will always be good and bad cops. it is nice when you run into a nice one.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 I6

I'm glad you have a positive viewpoint. Often times we encounter people who hate us. We aren't out to get you and believe me its not enjoyable to write tickets and despite what you might think we let people off with a warning more often then we write tickets. We didn't get into this profession to screw people over or give them a hard time. We truely have the best interests of others in mind and in the process seem to get a bad reputation. I wish other people would have the same outlook as you do.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Seasoned Member

I hate screwing people out of there hard earned money. I might write 10 tickets per year. But I write about 20 warnings per month.

Last edited by nicksdsm; 01-13-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:29 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by jsowards
I'm glad you have a positive viewpoint. Often times we encounter people who hate us. We aren't out to get you and believe me its not enjoyable to write tickets and despite what you might think we let people off with a warning more often then we write tickets. We didn't get into this profession to screw people over or give them a hard time. We truely have the best interests of others in mind and in the process seem to get a bad reputation. I wish other people would have the same outlook as you do.
I really see no reason to hate police officers. If people don't like you guys, they must be doing something wrong. I was actually thinking of becoming a cop after I finish school.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive been in a few law enforcement programs (explorers, youth police academy, etc) and may start the police academy at college pretty soon.
My cousin is also a cop.

I got away with alot when I got in my wreck. I had an old insurance stub in my jeep that expired 4 days before, and I also did not have my license on me. He let me off on both... (though my mom did bring down my new insurance card, as proof it had insurance)
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by nicksdsm
I hate screwing people out of there hard earned money. I might write 10 tickets per year. But I write about 20 warnings per month.
That's awesome! Id do the same thing if I was an officer! Its good to know there are people like you out there who have less of an interest in writing tickets and more of an interest in keeping the public safe!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:36 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Defiance665
Ive been in a few law enforcement programs (explorers, youth police academy, etc) and may start the police academy at college pretty soon.
My cousin is also a cop.

I got away with alot when I got in my wreck. I had an old insurance stub in my jeep that expired 4 days before, and I also did not have my license on me. He let me off on both... (though my mom did bring down my new insurance card, as proof it had insurance)
Nice!! I've gotten let off on noise complaints from riding atvs through my property and along side public easments. The officer just pulled up near me and I stopped and talked to him for about an hour. Turns out he went to high school with my dad and they were friends LOL.... that's small town living for ya.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 RENIX

too bad there are no cops like that in CA, our state is broke and they'll write you up for anything they can get money from.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993

one good apple doesn't perfect the whole basket
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: Gas

Good to hear.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

Originally Posted by retreaded jeeper

agree with this fully
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

I have usually had good experience with cops except for one...
16 with two friends going to an Indians game. Well I guess I turned left onto a street that you can't turn left on after a certain time.. Well never have I driven downtown I didn't know and did, and I pull into my parking lot I had pass for, and a police motorcycle comes flying up..
Comes up to my window and tells me what I did, and I was nice and told him I had no idea and he goes back with my license insurance registration ect.. Comes back asking whose car I am in (it was my old wrangler in my dads name) so I told him its my dads, and he asks for my dads number to confirm I was allowed to have it...
Well he also noticed my passenger took her seatbelt off as we pulled into the parking lot.. Then says "I got you for two things already anything else I can get you for" and starting looking around in and around my car to find no front license plate.. Aftermarket bumper with no mount and I play stupid.. Didn't work.
Long story short I got a ticket for impending flow of traffic (one of two cars at the intersection turning from a turn lane on a green light) no front licesne plate, and passenger not wearing a seatbelt..
Luckily since I was under 18 I had to go to court and got it all dropped after he saw I had no record, had a job and was a honor student.. Came out with $150 in court costs and 100 cans to donate.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by retreaded jeeper
Originally Posted by THENNING
agree with this fully
Sounds like these guys draw a lot of bad attention to themselves.

Quick Reply: I love cops!