XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Future vision for jeep brand

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Post Future vision for jeep brand

HELLO GUYS,

I AM A NEW MEMBER OF THIS FORUM.I AM A CAR DESIGN STUDENT FROM INDIA. I AM DOING SOME PRIMARY RESEARCH ON JEEP BRAND"S FUTURE VISION.MY BRIEF IS "FUTURE VISION FOR JEEP".SO BASICALLY I AM GONNA PREDICT HOW WILL BE THE JEEPS ICONIC SUV WILL BE IN FUTURE IN DESIGNWISE (AESTHETICALLY AND FUNCTIONALLY). FOR THAT I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHAT JEEP FANS WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN FUTURE. SO I WANT YOU GUYS TO GIVE SOME SUGGESTIONS,IDEAS ABOUT WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM A BRAND "JEEP" IN NEAR FUTURE OR FAR FUTURE.IDEAS CAN BE FUTURISTIC,RADICAL OR PRACTICAL WHICH WILL SUITE CURRENT SCENARIO.
I HOPE THIS FORUM WILL HELP ME..
Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.o

Hello, I would like to see more practical units, such as they used to be. All of the electronics, and junk that comes in todays new cars is overkill. Lets get back to basics......
Old 08-28-2014, 04:46 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

^^^What jeep will do.

^^^ What I would like to see
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998 Sport

What I would like to see is the old style of XJ again. The new Jeep Cherokee are so ugly I wouldn't own one even if it was given to me. I also hate all of the fancy worthless electronic garbage that they insist on using. That is just my opinion.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

But you gotta remember new cars have to be great on gas and safe.The days of the cool old stuff we love is dead.All the new suvs on the road look the same to me.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
But you gotta remember new cars have to be great on gas and safe.The days of the cool old stuff we love is dead.All the new suvs on the road look the same to me.
That's the main reason I refuse to buy any of this new "JUNK" I buy used not for the price but because its what I want, features.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:41 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
That's the main reason I refuse to buy any of this new "JUNK" I buy used not for the price but because its what I want, features.
X2, so disappointed with the auto industry. But then again they design & target the masses, not the minority like us. Don't care much for anything "new" these days. I wish jeep would offer a BASIC model Wrangler with no flashy crap, just HD drivetrain & make it affordable. Like twords the end of the TJ, base model, soft top, I6, no carpets, no padding on roll bar. Priced around $15-$16K new.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
Same here. All vehicles I will ever own have already been produced and aged a good 14 years minimum. I'd have no desire to live anymore if I'm forced to get something newer than 2000.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Originally Posted by captainwoot
Hello, I would like to see more practical units, such as they used to be. All of the electronics, and junk that comes in todays new cars is overkill. Lets get back to basics......
this.

I want a base model car with very few electronics.
I want to be able to work on it
I want a bullet proof engine and 5 speed transmission

but that's why I have a cherokee
Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by PocketsEmpty
Same here. All vehicles I will ever own have already been produced and aged a good 14 years minimum. I'd have no desire to live anymore if I'm forced to get something newer than 2000.
My 2004 Overland is the newest Jeep I will own and so far no electrical issues but as you know it has everything offered as far as options. Time will tell and I do keep on top of things with everything I own as far as things working, if it doesn't it gets fixed ASAP. It drives me nuts knowing that something is broken that can be repaired.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

First turn caps lock the **** off.

I am not sure if you're asking help with your homework or if you want a prediction or if you want opinions or what.

crabmushrooms5 is pretty much on-point. Except that little Buick is nowhere near hideous enough for Jeep's current design team.

Originally Posted by Atmos

this.

I want a base model car with very few electronics.
I want to be able to work on it
I want a bullet proof engine and 5 speed transmission

but that's why I have a cherokee
You know it's funny you guys mention this. In another sector someone is building trucks along this line of thinking:

http://www.ccjdigital.com/new-cabove...ss-6-7-market/

Could it happen with Jeeps? Not sure. Most of Fiat's customers aren't buying the vehicles for the features we want - including the only real Jeep left, the Wrangler - and of those enthusiasts who ARE, the portion willing to shell out enough cash for a new vehicle don't represent a great market.

Maybe we could start our own XJ refurbishing company lol
Old 08-30-2014, 02:36 AM
CF Veteran

The newest jeep ill ever own is a tj,I like the jk but don't want a mini van engine and for the price i can get a used diesel truck.Some new things do tick me off like the new dodge trucks don't have a shifter in them.Its a **** you turn and it just has like drive park natural and reverse on it.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1985
Engine: 2.5L

The new stuff is because the masses what something that looks like a Jeep, but drives like an Indy Car on the freeway. Soccer Moms want something with the interior space of an SUV but drives like a station wagon. This is why new vehicles are loaded with every electronic gadget under the sun including electronic driving aids like stability control, auto braking, ect. People don't want to learn how to drive, just point and go.

I just got my first XJ a year ago, and am wishing I had got one in the late 80s when I got my first vehicle just out of college. I now own an 85xj and a 96 F150 and doubt I will get anything newer, ever. No power windows, no power locks, manual transmission(auto on xj, only thing I wish was different), simple drive train and engines.

Bring back the XJ, CJ, Wagoneer, Bronco, Blazer, Scout and Ramcharger, all great vehicles that are sorely missed by offroad enthusiasts.