Sponsored by: DashLynx

To all who think Warn is made in USA,

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To all who think Warn is made in USA,

http://www.globalsources.com/manufac...n-Winches.html
Check this out before you go bashing Smitty Built.
Just a side note.This is not a debate,I'm just trying to say can't people get something without others saying they suck?Be happy for them and hold you'r tounge and say good for you!

Last edited by troy fritz; 07-31-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

you have to be an idiot to think winches are 100% made in the USA. but smittybuilt couldn't even hold warns jock strap in regards of quality.........

smittybuilt=daewoo with regards to quality

funny you mentioned smittybuilt though. 2 weekends ago and guy on our club installed one on his rig. was bragging about the warranty they have. he toasted it in the 2 pull out of a slippery area. the winch had smoke billowing out of it. warranty didnt help him in that situation. good thing I was able to use my 7 year old WARN winch to get him out................

Last edited by xjoffroad; 07-31-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjoffroad
you have to be an idiot to think winches are 100% made in the USA. but smittybuilt couldn't even hold warns jock strap in regards of quality.........

funny you mentioned smittybuilt though. 2 weekends ago and guy on our club installed one on his rig. was bragging about the warranty they have. he toasted it in the 2 pull out of a slippery area. the winch had smoke billowing out of it. warranty didnt help him in that situation. good thing I was able to use my 7 year old WARN winch to get him out................
He had another issue besides the winch then.I have a bud that is a trail leader at an offroad park .He has had his Smitty for 3 years now and uses it dozens of times a day on every4x4 known to man and still works great.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:07 PM
CF Veteran

My point is that you buy what you want not cause of the name .Just because it says made in the USA don't mean it is.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by troy fritz
He had another issue besides the winch then.I have a bud that is a trail leader at an offroad park .He has had his Smitty for 3 years now and uses it dozens of times a day on every4x4 known to man and still works great.
nope the motor overheated and something with the clutches or magnets. are the a magnet drum? already sent to smitty and they called him back with the issue. hes getting another one but that still didnt help him on the trail.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered Users

My point is that you buy what you want not cause of the name .Just because it says made in the USA don't mean it is.
true but people expect a decent product. some want the cheapest out there ie, RC and smittybuilt. the craftsmanship is not there in the products. why buy twice when you can just buy a quality product the first time?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
CF Veteran

nope the motor overheated and something with the clutches or magnets. are the a magnet drum? already sent to smitty and they called him back with the issue. hes getting another one but that still didnt help him on the trail.
Everyone has a story like that.For instance ,My buddy burned up 3 Warn 12,000 pound winches in 2 years.The debate of which is better is getting old.They all have a pos now and then.Dodge guys hate Ford,Ford guys hate Chevy and so on.You like what you like and I don't think everyone should make others feel bad cause they don't like or had a bad experience with something or know someone who did.We work hard for what we have and don't need someone ragging on it.

Last edited by troy fritz; 07-31-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

lol, this guy is gonna argue til he's blue in the face troy, seems to be his main purpose for being here. Any winch that'll pull it's weight and last long enough to get your money's worth out of it, is worth the money.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered Users

Everyone has a story like that.For instance ,My buddy burned up 3 Warn 12,000 pound winches in 2 years.The debate of which is better is getting old.They all have a pos now and then.
this is true. in my shoes I have NEVER seen a Warn winch have issues on the trail. I have had a solenoid go bad buts thats an easy fix. I have numerous issues with smittybilt and mile marker that I wouldnt touch their products.

what it boils down to is no matter how much you warn someone regarding a product, they truly dont care. they will buy what they can afford.

I do give smitty credit with their warranty. they stand behind their winches.

Last edited by xjoffroad; 07-31-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Donnie_K
lol, this guy is gonna argue til he's blue in the face troy, seems to be his main purpose for being here. Any winch that'll pull it's weight and last long enough to get your money's worth out of it, is worth the money.
how am I arguing? troy has experienced certain issues and so have I, so whats the difference?

what good is a winch when you need it and it doesnt work? just because someone has a great warranty package, its no use on the trail.

donnie go back to your hardcore wheeling on your RC lift kit
Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 PM

That is why you be like me. I am not a fan boy of any manufacture. I like ford trucks and mustangs built between 80s-93 and 05-11, I like cherokees and wranglers, I like vettes, and i like tacomas fjs and tundras. All in all I would say that every maker has a outstanding vehicle and every one has a dud. Some just have more duds than others.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994

Come on man. Do you really have to pull this card every time someone opens their mouth? Just because it's not what YOU run on your rig, doesn't mean you have to run your mouth about it. I would say you're the idiot, for acting like an idiot.

That is all.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by X1994J
Come on man. Do you really have to pull this card every time someone opens their mouth? Just because it's not what YOU run on your rig, doesn't mean you have to run your mouth about it. I would say you're the idiot, for acting like an idiot.

That is all.

Last edited by xjoffroad; 07-31-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994

Check rockmonkeys build.... his Warn was S**t right out of the box. I dont know if he ever did get it working.
http://rockymountainextreme.com/show...nch#post527821
Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by X1994J
Check rockmonkeys build.... his Warn was S**t right out of the box. I dont know if he ever did get it working.
http://rockymountainextreme.com/show...nch#post527821
that sucks. did you read what I said? I personally have never seen a Warn have issues but have seen numerous issues with smity.

Quick Reply: To all who think Warn is made in USA,