Tbone repairs - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Fabrication & builders section. All fabrication posts go here.
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ Only projects go here. Questions belong in modified tech.

Tbone repairs

Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 PM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default Tbone repairs

Back on Christmas eve I was tboned by some kid running a light. While I was replacing the doors I noticed the B pillar is ever so slightly bent in down at the bottom... So the doors dont line up right. Any way to fix this? or is it screwed? I just fixed a **** ton of front end damage too so im reeeally hoping you guys have some good news 😔
Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM

Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

What has been pushed in must come back out. If you can locate the exact area you could try a come along to pull on that exact location - carefully. I would guess using a straight edge to guide yourself. I've done it with other parts before but it was never anything that had to be exact.
After that I am no body repair person, nor do I play one on TV.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
What has been pushed in must come back out. If you can locate the exact area you could try a come along to pull on that exact location - carefully. I would guess using a straight edge to guide yourself. I've done it with other parts before but it was never anything that had to be exact.
After that I am no body repair person, nor do I play one on TV.

Great, thank you. I will look into that idea!
Old Today, 02:07 AM
awg
Seasoned Member

Year: 96
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I am not a body shop pro either, but the pressure needed to deform, or pull out the base of the B-pillar would be very high, beyond any come along imo, its a box section

the good news is a body shop with a chassis straightener should be able to pull the b-pillar fairly inexpensivly

my mate who has now retired had one and I witnessed him straighten a few door pillars
Old Today, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by awg View Post
I am not a body shop pro either, but the pressure needed to deform, or pull out the base of the B-pillar would be very high, beyond any come along imo, its a box section

the good news is a body shop with a chassis straightener should be able to pull the b-pillar fairly inexpensivly

my mate who has now retired had one and I witnessed him straighten a few door pillars

Thanks buddy! I was thinking about using my boyfriends duly and a ratchet strap. I saw a few videos and guy pulled one with a little old ranger. If that doesnt work ill start calling around! Ill have to update after we give it a try!