Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Problem with driver door and temp

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Problem with driver door and temp

I own a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the H/O V8 and the other night I stopped to get gas and when I started it to leave I noticed my internal lights wouldn't turn off. I got out to check all my doors (even though it didn't say on the prompt that any of the doors were open) and after I checked them all and got back in the lights were still on but now the display said the driver's door was open. I open and shut it several times but it would not stop telling me the driver's door was open. It continues to do this. I've also noticed the C/T display only shows -- for the temp and when I looked at MPG info and things like that on the display it shows --. It's so weird because when I first start it up and get in it doesn't display that my driver's door is open but it acts like it is (with the interior lights staying on and the -- for temp and such) but then if I open the driver's door and then shut it, it tells me the driver's door is open... Also I have to manually control the head lights now and when I get out and auto lock the doors with the FOB it doesn't beep the horn and flash the lights like it used to but all of the doors still lock, even the driver door.

On a related side note: Ever since I bought this vehicle (from a private owner) about 6 months ago whenever I had the driver's door open you couldn't roll up the window's. If you shut the door you could but not when it was open. Seemed strange but nothing I thought was a problem. So now that the vehicle thinks the driver's door is open all the time it won't allow any of the windows to roll down. Not even from an individual windows control. Please, any ideas? Thanks for any help...
Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 PM

sound like the ground connection to door. Run a wire to door from body and see if that will fix.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Do the lights go off if you press the plunger in the door jamb and wait a few seconds, as if closing the door?
And Welcome to CF!
Dan
Old 05-01-2010, 04:22 PM

If that doesn't work disconnect the battery, count to ten,
then reconnect.
J.B.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004