Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

FYI ~*~ New Recall Letter ~*~ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Default FYI ~*~ New Recall Letter ~*~ Pics

5/22/14

FYI

My apologies, I noted some personal information on that 02 Chrysler recall letter. I'll retake the photo and re post it ASAP (Airbag potential deploy Recall)

Good luck with it Guys...

Last edited by PeterB; 05-23-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:55 PM

Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by PeterB
5/22/14

FYI

My apologies, I noted some personal information on that 02 Chrysler recall letter. I'll retake the photo and re post it ASAP (Airbag potential deploy Recall)

Good luck with it Guys...

Yep that was a riot when I saw it this morning. All your personal info right out there in the raw.

Btw Chumley its not a new recall I believe it's 2 yrs old. You only got it because previous owner never fixed it.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:15 PM

Yup. Makes sense.

There maybe others that have purchased a used vehicle that were not informed as well. I'll post the letter up again for others to view & benefit from.

When you read it you almost get nervous that the air bag is going to accident deploy while driving. I went ahead and made an appointment onTuesday at the dealer, they said if you wait, it shouldn't take longer than an hour.

Where there any other recalls we may not know about?

Thanks

Last edited by PeterB; 05-23-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Yes try this link chumley for open recalls:

www.google.com
Old 05-23-2014, 04:30 PM

Or you can simply look at the upper right side of this screen for TSB and Recall info Chumley.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM

Hey Peter can you help me with something? I am planning a party on my houseboat this weekend and during cocktails I plan on serving hors d'oeuvres. I was wondering if it was appropriate to also serve Grey Poupon or do you think its too passe? What are your thoughts on Grey Poupon? I wouldnt want to be the laughing stock at my own party. You know social status is everything. It's better to look good than feel good darling.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 5.2L

Why fart around with taking a photograph or a scan? Isn't there a recall number or code that references the letter that you could provide us?
Old 05-24-2014, 08:02 AM

Goodmorning-

I don't have it with me Dingles to read off the number to ya bud, I accidentally left the letter by my P's garage yesterday. I was snapping some photos of my rigs hitch cradle to show Dave so I can tow it right.

It used to be that posting a photo on a site like this was a 5-7 minute ordeal these days with smart phones, it takes less than a minute.

On the half dozen other fishing, golf/tennis sites, sportscars sites I'm on people rave about photos.

They even have a smiley that gets posted periodically to OPs that are attempting to discuss an issue.

Thus the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words."

I'm curious. I'll have to Google who the origin and age of that statement was...

Although now days it probably be something like this pic subject is worthless without Google researched prior to posting. LOl.

Regardless. I'm sure most of you will agree that they give additional info & color to colorless posts and in some ways make them more enjoyable/entertaining to view.

Thank you. Joe Rogan I'm not although I wish I had his succe$$. I am new here and have been fairly active, primarily due to the used car I purchased from a shyster backyard garage mechanic salesman 60 days ago. Some have been confused by my near 100 posts/photos. I understand that members here don't know me or how to respond to my style of posting while many have enjoyed'm. Guys I'm here to learn not cause term oil. I'll try to contribute as much as I can in a courteous polite manner although my tech knowledge isn't as broad as yours. In many ways I'm still old school and like being that way. I have never been one to take offense or hold grudges with friends or foes. I don't do this new world style chit lol. Yes unfortunately I'm also single again Not dead. I have always had a pin up calender in my garage and enjoy a women's companionship. I am a passionate outdoors man. I'm patriotic and I love our Country. I fly Old Glory out front of my home every day and I illuminate her at night. My son Nicholas PeterB (8) is my greatest blessing to come out of a beautiful married chapter in my life. His mother (34) doesn't need Google, she knows it ALL! My son plays baseball, basketball, soccer, fishes, golfs and I have him learning as much as I can share with him when we are together. Nicholas is also a Boy Scouts of America in training, currently at the Bear Level. Wtf guys I cannot control how others react, some may choose to find fault in these things and consider them disturbing ?

Hereyago its; Safety Recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527. Occupant Restraint Control Module Filter Circuit 02 and 03 Liberty vehicles 02-04 WJs

Name:  image72.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  104.3 KB

I'm scheduled to have it done on Tuesday after I drop my son at school I'll head over to dealer and wait for it... Then I do have to fart around in leveling my rig. I want to be sure it tows right with no surprises.

Name:  image73.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  169.1 KB

I hope that helps for others that like myself had no idea about it. I also learned yesterday about the recall link above...

Thank you for saying so and being a guys guy Guy lol

Enjoy your holiday gents!

PeterB
Name:  61046edb-bd9e-4eb5-a7ff-3dc0e97a11ff.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  11.2 KB

Last edited by PeterB; 05-24-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 PM

-

Went to the dealer and got my recall serviced today so that's all done.

Took about an hour as they had told me on the phone when I called to make the appointment...

I guess that part they change out is under the center console area. Not only were all my things upside down in the center glove box but they also managed to break the border around the shifter. There is now a gap/space in the shifter area when you go from park to drive.

Name:  image85.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  141.1 KB

I didn't pay any attention while I was at the dealer I was down the block when I noticed it, I made a U turn and went back asked for the service writer and explained it wasn't cracked prior. He got his manager... They agreed to get me a used one, should be a few days.

*Does anybody know does that whole center below the shifter come together? Is that one entire piece or ?

I hope it comes all together with the sliding louvers mine are now broken.

We'll see if they follow up or if I have to chase them around for it.

-

Last edited by PeterB; 05-28-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:12 AM

Year: 2003

You get em big Pete! Don't let them get away with breaking your ride!
:b oxing::box ing: