Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

damsel in distress over window !

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default damsel in distress over window !

My 04 grand cherokee will be going in for an electrical issue friday. My problem is my passenger window is down about 4 inches and wont roll up. Temps are dropping and rain is on its way! Other than tape a garbage bag over the window, what can I do to get it back up in position? Power locks are not working and dome light stays on and mirror adjustment doesnt work, but door lock will work on passenger side intermittently. Can I raise the window somehow? Or do I have to go the garbage route? Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 i six H.O.

if the switch works and it has power to go up,but wont,push the switch and push up on the window at the same time. if no power then i dont know. plastic and tape i guess.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L

Originally Posted by memarybe
My 04 grand cherokee will be going in for an electrical issue friday. My problem is my passenger window is down about 4 inches and wont roll up. Temps are dropping and rain is on its way! Other than tape a garbage bag over the window, what can I do to get it back up in position? Power locks are not working and dome light stays on and mirror adjustment doesnt work, but door lock will work on passenger side intermittently. Can I raise the window somehow? Or do I have to go the garbage route? Thanks everyone for the help!
I had a similar problem. The window actually tilted to the side (as if rotated 90 degrees). From outside of the vehicle, place both hands on the window (as if you're high-fiving it) and push up. You may need to do this with varying degrees of pressure pushing or pulling the window up. If it's broken loose from the regulator, you should be able to move the window freely. If the motor died, try using this operation while someone on the inside is pressing the up button on the window switch. Make sure your car is running

If the window can be moved freely and is off the regulator, push it up like i said and then use the button to roll up the regulator so that it doesn't fall back down.

You'll then need to take it to a shop and have them fix the window regulator. Depending on the shop, it'll run you roughly $200-300 to fix.