Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Call me dumb

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 95
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Call me dumb

Can some one help me does the cps have anything to do with fuel pressure replaced cps now running rough and fuel pressure is jumping all over?
Old 03-04-2018, 01:49 PM

sorry wrong place
Old 03-04-2018, 01:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1996

You're dumb.

No, it doesn't have anything to did with the cps.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:12 PM

thankyou
Old 03-04-2018, 02:49 PM

ok let me add this pushed the button on side of testerto try to see fuel flow its not steady and getting alot of air bubbles thru the tube could i just have a leak in line inside of tank
Old 03-04-2018, 05:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee

Why did you feel you needed to post a title like that? I really know what I'm doing and still get stuck now and then myself. Even the best mechanics need input from folks who have personally experienced the same issues and either paid out the nose to get it fixed, or went through the painstaking process of elimination to finally find the cure.

The "experts" here might not ever admit it, but they learned by not knowing what they were doing for sure and made mistakes. There is no such thing as a dumb question man... I have found my best experts were the people driving a vehicle whether they knew a thing about how to work on them or not. If a mechanic says they know everything and do not need to listen to what the driver says is full of crap and not a real mechanic.

I wouldn't hire them in my shop...
Old 03-04-2018, 05:21 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Nightsurfer
ok let me add this pushed the button on side of testerto try to see fuel flow its not steady and getting alot of air bubbles thru the tube could i just have a leak in line inside of tank
Or somewhere in the system for sure. O-ring maybe?
Old 03-04-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Why did you feel you needed to post a title like that? I really know what I'm doing and still get stuck now and then myself. Even the best mechanics need input from folks who have personally experienced the same issues and either paid out the nose to get it fixed, or went through the painstaking process of elimination to finally find the cure.

The "experts" here might not ever admit it, but they learned by not knowing what they were doing for sure and made mistakes. There is no such thing as a dumb question man... I have found my best experts were the people driving a vehicle whether they knew a thing about how to work on them or not. If a mechanic says they know everything and do not need to listen to what the driver says is full of crap and not a real mechanic.

I wouldn't hire them in my shop...
couldn’t have said it better myself. I misadiagnosed my own truck yesterday it’s just part of it ! Only way to learn and atleast for me the most exciting part is challenging yourself and learning new things .
Old 03-04-2018, 05:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey17
couldn’t have said it better myself. I misadiagnosed my own truck yesterday it’s just part of it ! Only way to learn and atleast for me the most exciting part is challenging yourself and learning new things .
Seriously... I used to hire and fire them weekly because of this. Didn't have time for their little personal eccentricities. This truck needs to get out and rolling, It needs to get under a 1/2 million dollar load of strawberrys which needs to be delivered to NY three days from now or we will get hit with a reduced load delivery settlement.

The driver just told you what it was doing... Listen to him and go from there first...

Sometimes it is no BS and just not time for the small personal ego stuff... Point is get it fixed...
Old 03-04-2018, 05:52 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey17
I make more mistakes than I do good even still after being in this business for over... Well born into it so it would be 56 years now...
Old 03-04-2018, 07:19 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
I make more mistakes than I do good even still after being in this business for over... Well born into it so it would be 56 years now...
haha I hear you there I haven’t been in it near as long as you been doing it “professionally” for 7 years now and grew up spending every second I could in my uncles shop , every summer I was out of school , every weekend and Wednesday nights at the wholesale auctions. I’m not the lead tech of my shift of guys some of them 20+ years older than me . When I hit a spot and need help I am not afraid to ask questions , sometimes probably too many . Anyways I won’t derail this thread any more than I already have .