Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2001 JGC laredo problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Default 2001 JGC laredo problems

Hi all
I have a 01 JGC laredo 4.7 v8 and recently it has been having a ton of problems. The first thing that started was I noticed that It would overheat when idling or sitting int traffic. When the temp gauge would pass 210 the fan would begin to vibrate and make a really loud noise. Shortly after this the jeep would have trouble starting after sitting off for a couple minutes but does not have a problem starting cold. After this the jeep began to misfire and now when running the engine cold will sometimes stall when stopping at a stop sign. A few weeks ago it would hesitiate when pulling away at a stop sign but the other day it just stalled out and it took me 20 mins to get it started again.

I pulled all the spark plugs and the one is darker than the others but none of them look bad enough to be causing a misfire. I also drained the oil and there was no coolant in it so I do not think it is a blown head gasket because the engine also has good oil pressure. There is also no check engine light

Any suggestions?