Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2001 JGC laredo problems

Old 01-02-2018, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Default 2001 JGC laredo problems

Hi all,
My 01 wj laredo 4.7 V8 has been having a ton of problems lately. The first thing I noticed was that when idling or sitting in traffic it would overheat. Once the temperature got past 210 the fan would start to make a loud noise. On top of this the jeep would sometimes have trouble starting but only if it was sitting off for a short period of time. The jeep also misses on a cylinder and now most recently will sometimes stall at a stop sign while running cold.

the jeep has strong oil pressure so and there does not seem to be oil int he coolant just some scum residue at the bottom of the reservoir. I just pulled the spark plugs and none of them look bad enough to cause a misfire but they are being replaced today. I will also check the compression today to see if there is a blown head gasket but I do not think this is the case because there is not collant in the oil. Because of the starting and stalling problems I am beginning to suspect that it is an electrical issue rather than a mechanical one.

Any suggestions? Thanks!