Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

1996 GC limited v8 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1996 GC limited v8 question

For the longest time this has been a great car overall.... BUT the engine light would come on and then off every so often, problem started when on my way to SOCAL and just quit. turns out the fuel pump, so i replaced the whole thing. It ran great for a month then the engine light again.. so i'm thinking ok, it will go out like it has before so no worries.. NOPE! it died in my driveway atleast this time and no code, was told the crank sensor.. nope but its new now! so i call a retired machanic friend and he came over and tested this that etc.. because i kept blowing the fuel pump fuse now as soon as the key gos on. so we thought dist something.. replaced the pick up, plugs,wires,cap,rotor. before all of this i have replaced the idle sensor, map, TPS, so all thats good.. so back to that damn fuse, well it turns out that the right side o2 sensor was so bad that the brass outter shield melted and touched the main part of it and was grounding out instantly! so now a new o2 sensor. it took 2 weeks and here it is again the light ? this time a code.. p0300 but that code lists everything i have already done ???? your opinion please, afraid to drive it anywhere far just incase it stops. thanks