Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

VADER build

Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM
  #16  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


hooked sound ordinance 12 sub in a ported box to the amp.

replaced factory speakers with some 6.5" kickers. (2 in the doors and 2 on the roof in back)
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:10 PM
  #17  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


welded in new rear shock brackets

replaced tranny mount

while i was at it, replaced exhaust hanger with new homemade bushing.


riveted it back in
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
  #18  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


new tranny mount somehow got Tcase linkage out of wack so...

boostwerks to the rescue

crap and new

new boom shackles to replace the 1" lift blocks in the back (used for getting a slight rake look)

long afterwards, but installed

removed old lift blocks

bumpstop plates for future extended bump stops

front extended bump stops
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 PM
  #19  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


front drive shaft was more than wore out so i got a new one. dont remember where i got it, but it was cheap and its held up through a lot of abuse so far


replaced Tcase fluid, had an issue... perm fix!

Installed a dixie horn, made a button and bracket to make it blow out of an old license plate mounted left of the steering wheel. actual horns are by the brake booster under the hood
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM
  #20  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


got cold in houston one day

raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:28 PM
  #21  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


mall crawler pic of current state
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM
  #22  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


new steel fenders from dirtbound off road



well their mounting hardware for the rear is crap

replaced crap nut rivet type hardware with stainless nuts, big washers, and panhead bolts



not going anywhere

got the fronts installed

raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM
  #23  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


off road pic of jeep at current... hollister hills CA


raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
  #24  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


new seats from rugged ridge, waiting to be installed
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 01:22 PM
  #25  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,803
Default

Originally Posted by raminboy View Post
new steel fenders from dirtbound off road
Looks nice. What did you think of that Duplicolor Bedliner?
Cause that is not the Duplicolor TR250 that most guys use.
Ralph77 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:11 PM
  #26  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default

Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Looks nice. What did you think of that Duplicolor Bedliner?
Cause that is not the Duplicolor TR250 that most guys use.
well i painted everything when it was around 55 degrees outside, which is most likely what caused this, but it needs 48 hrs to dry and comes out very (not a solid spray) couldnt think of the word lol. but once dry holds up good. has an orange peel texture
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:16 PM
  #27  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default


new disc brake conversion kit about to go on (along with not shown rear bearings, axle seals, and chromoly shafts)




raminboy is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:20 AM
  #28  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,803
Default

Originally Posted by raminboy View Post
well i painted everything when it was around 55 degrees outside, which is most likely what caused this, but it needs 48 hrs to dry and comes out very (not a solid spray) couldnt think of the word lol. but once dry holds up good. has an orange peel texture
I made the mistake of getting a few things Line-X'ed. My '00 is just a DD. I picked up some factory running boards in green. Needed them to be black. Also been wanting to repaint my side molding. And since I was getting all that done I threw in my roof skid strips and rear factory mud shields to get them to look better to.

It was pricey but I really like it. The problem is that I did not realize how much I would like the bedliner look. Now I want to bedline everything.
Bumper caps and valanace, maybe bumpers, even wondering how door handles would look. Thinking would be a little rough on the hands.
I opted for the Line-X cause I posses the worst rattle can painting skills. Just another case of sometimes it is better to let the professionals handle this. For me anyway.
Anyway it would be to pricey to keep going back to Line-X. So I bought the rattle can version of every bedliner I could find. Including the Duplicolor you used.
My hope is one will be a close enough match with the Line-X so that my OCD will not go into overdrive.
Don't see that happening. As much as I love the Line-X, and it seems to be holding up on the plastic real well, I am sorry I ever went down that road. LOL.
Ralph77 is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:43 AM
  #29  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
raminboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 450
Year: 1999 sport
Engine: 4.0 6I
Default

Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I made the mistake of getting a few things Line-X'ed. My '00 is just a DD. I picked up some factory running boards in green. Needed them to be black. Also been wanting to repaint my side molding. And since I was getting all that done I threw in my roof skid strips and rear factory mud shields to get them to look better to.

It was pricey but I really like it. The problem is that I did not realize how much I would like the bedliner look. Now I want to bedline everything.
Bumper caps and valanace, maybe bumpers, even wondering how door handles would look. Thinking would be a little rough on the hands.
I opted for the Line-X cause I posses the worst rattle can painting skills. Just another case of sometimes it is better to let the professionals handle this. For me anyway.
Anyway it would be to pricey to keep going back to Line-X. So I bought the rattle can version of every bedliner I could find. Including the Duplicolor you used.
My hope is one will be a close enough match with the Line-X so that my OCD will not go into overdrive.
Don't see that happening. As much as I love the Line-X, and it seems to be holding up on the plastic real well, I am sorry I ever went down that road. LOL.
well at least you like it lol. I personally though really love the factory purple. so i want everything left purple that i can possibly have. in fact, i will soon be getting the roof water blasted and repainted. i thought about when i get bumpers having them done in the purple as well, but then i thought about how they would get scratched from wheeling. but im not doing anymore flat black on the body. will have black bumpers, rock sliders, and roof rack and thats it!
raminboy is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:58 AM
  #30  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,803
Default

Originally Posted by raminboy View Post
well at least you like it lol. I personally though really love the factory purple. so i want everything left purple that i can possibly have. in fact, i will soon be getting the roof water blasted and repainted. i thought about when i get bumpers having them done in the purple as well, but then i thought about how they would get scratched from wheeling. but im not doing anymore flat black on the body. will have black bumpers, rock sliders, and roof rack and thats it!
Have you checked out the Monstaliner? They have those tint packages for their bedliner. I mean like light blues and tans. Might have purple you can deal with.
Ralph77 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VADER build


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: