Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

project noisy and sorta lifted

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 96
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default project noisy and sorta lifted

so i have a 96 cherokee sport with all the standards and walmart fog lights that wont stay where i put them. here is a pick from february when it snowed just enough to make people drive stupid.

take note the rear is sagging ALOT!!!! and yes i do have two different sets of rims i was changing them to mags and quit half way. i put the fog lights on for going around corners specifically up the hill to the pagoda in reading PA. the front is white cause i rear ended someone that stopped in the middle of the highway then in order to get it off the highway i put it in four wheel drive and did what jeeps do best drove it offroad i had to go over dirt mount to get into the parking lot.

there are plans in the works for a 2 inch lift and a sound system.
but right now im working on fabricating a bumper out of stuff ive had laying around. i found this 3 inch sealed tube bumper out back of work today.

i was gonna fix the jeep pictured here under the bumper but its got alot to be done it has the old I4 motor i think my grandfather said it was an 85. the bumper is here just to show a size comparison. i will be adding a second smaller tube below it and since it is obviously too long i will be cutting the ends off and welding them back on at an angle to kinda wrap it around a little bit. but before i even cut it i am going to cut the old mounts and chain notch off and send it to a machine shop to be stuffed in a monster lathe. i want to have some of the pitting removed and shave off a few pounds i bet it wieghs 30 pounds. im gonna have them take 30-50 thousanths off to smooth it out i will also be cutting out a recess and putting in a well its easier if i show you .

here it is against the end of the bumper. i will also be adding a chevy brushgaurd that will be modified to fit and the bars that bolt fast to the brush gaurd and wrap around the headlights. which will be home made to match the bumper.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM

also while im at it i found this and then painted it with paint pens to clean it up a little.

its kinda sloppy but i didnt have anything to do at work so...
i will get out the paint thinner and strip it down to the chrome later and airbrush the color back in
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM

while looking at the forum today i came up with the briliant idea of while im at the junk yard i should find a jeep that has disc brakes on the rear and snag them and since i will be ther all day i can take one apart like mine and check for fit yeah im a tad bit warped but i have all day to screw around and maybe all weekend. so till monday rolls around i may have disk brakes on the rear of my xj. i hate the drums they hardly work. plus the extra braking wil work great for towing trailers
Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 PM

well i talked to my grandfather after i did some research and it turns out i have a jeep grand cherokee with a dana 35 just like my cherokee and it has the disk brake setup on it so i dont have to buy it from the junkyard. hopefully i will start that project soon.
also i went to walmart and bought a cb radio and a cheesy magnet antenna that wants to fall off the roof. had to ziptie it fast to the factory roof rack.
also i want to homedepot and got some mailbox stickers and put my handle on the back window.
these stickers are just until i get someone to make me some vinal stickers
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM

so i just got a new job and will be lifting it even sooner then planned
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM

Ok so its been a long time since ive posted anything and my jeep has moved up a little in the world. it has just recently made its maiden voyage to Rausch Creek Offroad park and came out with a broken O2 sensor and more exhaust noise.

idr where i made note that i was driving to montanna in a cherokee but i made it there safely and four months later i drove it home and made it home safely.

Here is a new pic of the jeep same jeep just new paint job
Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 PM

I did the headlight upgrade to the H4 housings. when i put them in i was running an HID light kit but since then one bulb has blow so im running one HID and one halogen
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 PM

I also upgraded my sound system to a pair of Polk audio MM series 15s and a erman made Helix amplifier the helix amp is for the front and rear speakers im running a 2000 watt lanzar max for the subs cuase it was cheap i have plans to upgrade to a better quality sub amp in the future.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM

When i added my lift kit i got death wobble from not doing an alignment. i ended up replacing the sway bar links and doing an alignment but when i put the new links on i put in a sway bar drop as well to fix the angle problem on the link
Old 10-26-2014, 04:36 PM

Seems like i can only figure out how to log in every couple months lol.

So new upgrades since last post
33s
2 inch wheel spacers
2 inch shackles
2 inch aluminum coil spacers
6.5 crown extended brake hoses front and rear
drop track bar bracket and adjustable track bar
threw away sway bars front and rear
drop pittman arm
threw away front fenders/folder rear fenders
PVC snorkel
aftermarket temp/pressure/voltage gauges