North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Wheeling in Lehigh Valley PA?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Wheeling in Lehigh Valley PA?

I am kinda new to the area and desperately looking to go off roading ASAP!! HELP, Willing to travel NJ,DE
Old 07-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0I6

Your lucky, your only about 1hr 45mins or so away from this place. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 97

rausch is definitely your best place
Old 07-28-2010, 08:16 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: straight 6 4.0

yea i live in dover which is right beside york and the only places to go are "gut" rd which is illegal and rausch get a run started ill go if i dont work
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

"porkrollncheese"...Ha..

I'v taken some out west.. and people always ask WTF is that?! It's delicious ..and not Scrapple.

Welcome to CF.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 AM

HAHA very few people understand the power of porkroll, and its not taylor ham either
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L HO

I've also been wondering about wheelin in the valley. I usually head up to treichlers bridge.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997

Originally Posted by kohlers89XJ
yea i live in dover which is right beside york and the only places to go are "gut" rd which is illegal and rausch get a run started ill go if i dont work
man, someone else knows of gut road? didnt think anyone on this forum was close enough to me to know of it
Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM

Theres a spot right off of I-78 that not to many know about.

If your going east on 78 at the Summit lawn exit you make a right, go through the S turns and make your first right (road starts with an L). Follow this all the way through the driveway at the end and you'll end up on a trail in the middle of the woods.

I have personally knocked on the door of the property owners and talked to them face to face asking them for permission to use their driveway to access the property (which is also theirs). They not only said yes (as long as your not destructive or super loud) but they said their son has made a few trails already. Their son has a wrangler on 37" MT/R's.

There are a bunch of easy trails back there and also a bunch of uncut trails that would be rated Purple (blue black) or Black at RC.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by porkrollncheese
haha very few people understand the power of porkroll, and its not taylor ham either
pork roll is where its at!!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 93xjcowboy
Theres a spot right off of I-78 that not to many know about.

If your going east on 78 at the Summit lawn exit you make a right, go through the S turns and make your first right (road starts with an L). Follow this all the way through the driveway at the end and you'll end up on a trail in the middle of the woods.

I have personally knocked on the door of the property owners and talked to them face to face asking them for permission to use their driveway to access the property (which is also theirs). They not only said yes (as long as your not destructive or super loud) but they said their son has made a few trails already. Their son has a wrangler on 37" MT/R's.

There are a bunch of easy trails back there and also a bunch of uncut trails that would be rated Purple (blue black) or Black at RC.
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to still be in the area and willing to show me where you are talking about, would you? I live on Lehigh mountain, the one across from South Mountain.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Nice!! ive been working on a warehouse there, il check it out. get back to me if anyone would like to go sunday morn. text it 610-393-5083 or call Rich[porkrollncheese]
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 PM
CF Veteran

I really want to check it out and see what's there, but I wont be doing any wheeling until I replace my blown axle seals in the rear. I am waiting for two days off, just incase I break something else fixing the seals, like I usually do. Unfortunetely I work tomorrow, but sometime this week I want to head up there and check it out. It's midnight right now and I don't want to text anybody this late without knowing whether they're awake or not, but feel free to text me at 48four-five97-0six11. My name is Jake, feel free to text anytime. I've only seen a dozen modified Xj's in the past two years in the area, so it'd be nice to meet someone else who shares the same hobby.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM

I would be happy to show y'all where this place is but I need to get my Jeep on the road first. I cant catch a break with my steering box, if I fix one thing another just has to break. If Im gonna show you though it needs to be before thursday (I move on thursday).

Kopecki I was the one who sold you the tires.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 93xjcowboy
I would be happy to show y'all where this place is but I need to get my Jeep on the road first. I cant catch a break with my steering box, if I fix one thing another just has to break. If Im gonna show you though it needs to be before thursday (I move on thursday).

Kopecki I was the one who sold you the tires.
Ok, I had a feeling it was you but I wasn't sure. I would be able to go up tomorrow to check it out if you're available. I just replaced my entire cooling system and the damn power steering cap broke and is puking PS fluid everywhere... I can't find a replacement online so it is what it is for now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheeling in Lehigh Valley PA?