Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: i-6
Default touchy subjects

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for somewhere to go and do some four wheelin and hang out with some cool people that are into it in the ohio area, it has just been brought to my attention that im not the right race for these types of events. I was going to make a attempt to possibly go to the trucknight events and was warned that i might not be welcomed with open arms. If anyone knows a place where a man of color who dont cause problems can go and enjoy himself and maybe socialize with others please let me know.

Thanks dterry
Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Thats bull **** man, there's no race divider in hobby's

usually jeepers open everybody with open arms, from what i have seen its the guys with the POS chevy and Fords the are jacked up with wood blocks that are the (insert hillbilly voice here) "you dont belong here boy"

or you can go the route i did in grade school (white kid in all color school) find the biggest baddest hillbilly and beat his ***.......... also works in prison

i would go and see what happens if your not welcomed by them leave, there not the type of wheelers you want to wheel with any way
Old 10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Anyone who has an issue with race would be the one who doesnt belong..

As a BOD member/Founder of another Jeep club i'd pull membership on anyone who had the nerve to make a racial comment to anyone.. no questions asked... gone.

Last edited by OverlandZJ; 10-13-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah man I don think you'll have a problem. Just go have a look, there may be one or two ignorant fools there but Im sure the majority of people there will welcome you. Im not racist but if you start acting like some stereotypical douche im gonna have a problem. I dont care if its white hill billy red neck fool or black wanna be ganster, its not cool. Just be cool and you shouldnt have any problems
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1989
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 368 V8

Sorry to hear something like that happened to you! That is ridiculous! The badlands is a Good place to go. I have never heard of anyone having that happen there.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM

guys, I really appreciate all the comments. its nice to see there are some decent people still in this world and I will take your advice and show up and judge what happens then make any decisions.
Thanks
Dterrysport
Old 10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

go and have fun. thats really all that matters. i doubt you would get hassled at all.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 I6

you're in ohio we're all broke around here, you must be in the country thats the only place race plays an issue
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited

That sucks man! Check out jeepskool on google. I would wheel with you!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by Destination XJ
That sucks man! Check out jeepskool on google. I would wheel with you!
I was gonna say JeepSkool too, haven't been there yet, but I'd wheel with ya there
Old 10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Man, I don't care what the hell color you are, black, white, purple, red, green, whatever. As long as you are a good guy, your good in my book and I'd wheel with ya any time...even though I live several hours away.

On the other hand, I don't care what color you are, if you are a moron, your still a moron and I have no need to associate with you. Black, white, purple, red, or green.

From your posts it sounds like you are a well educated man, that has a decent head on his shoulders. If anyone decides to give you 'the cold shoulder' cuz you are a different race, its their loss. Just wait til you drive past their stuck ***, then you can laugh at them!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Dterry... would you be interested in coming to Pa in two weeks? My local club has an event that your more than welcome at.

It would be a bit of a drive.. Rausch Creek in Pa. Hotels and camping nearby.

PM me if interested and i'll point you in the right direction.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks guys for all the good comments, I live in columbus ohio. I was looking on the forum for places to go wheelin and came across the post for trucknight. so i called the office and the woman who answered the phone suggested that there maybe trouble if I showed up. I will take everyones advice for finding places to go and go to Jeepskool. I wish I could come out to PA OVERLAND, but unfortunatly right now I have to stay local cause I have been helping my father with his recent discovery of cancer but if I get the chance in the future. I will definitly look you up.
Thanks again for everyone show all the care and respect.
Dterry
Old 10-13-2010, 06:25 PM

I didn't know that dirt, rocks and mud could tell the color of a driver's skin. Wheelin is a hobby for everyone. It is sad that there are people who still act that way. If you ever make it to CO look me up.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM

Engine: i-6 4.0

one of my best friends is black and he took some interest in my jeep. He asked if he could drive it around a parking lot so of course i let him and he loved it. He picked up a xj with intentions to lift it and have a bit of fun with it shortly after. Its not lifted currently, but i always joke around with him and tell him he will be the only black guy with a lifted vehicle around here and he laughs about it and says he wants a confederate flag for his front plate.

Just gotta find a local group of people, not necessarily a club or anything, but a few people to wheel with and youll be all good and have a lot of fun. "Trucknight" kind of sounds like a bunch of big-gay-mudtrucks (no pun intended, few of my buddies have them) and you may want to check out some trail riding instead.

good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply: touchy subjects