Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

Arizona

Old 06-20-2014, 03:59 PM
  #2656  
Seasoned Member
 
Az87xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Tan Valley
Posts: 319
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
Hello all, I'll be moving to the Phoenix area in August and I'm trying to decide if I should bring my xj or sell it. Is the xj enthusiast scene big there? Are there many places to wheel within less than an hour drive? Are there many junkyards with a solid supply of Renix parts?
Def bring it!!!!
Az87xj is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
  #2657  
Member
 
xjpioneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mesa, Az
Posts: 155
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l I-6
Default

Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
Hello all, I'll be moving to the Phoenix area in August and I'm trying to decide if I should bring my xj or sell it. Is the xj enthusiast scene big there? Are there many places to wheel within less than an hour drive? Are there many junkyards with a solid supply of Renix parts?
I haven't actually seen it myself, but there's rumor, I strongly believe, of a jeep graveyard out here called AMC salvage.. junkyard full of jeeps. There's also a lot of other junk yards out here too. Trails are everywhere out here, as well. Bring the xj out!
xjpioneer is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 06:32 PM
  #2658  
Junior Member
 
gasperooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 69
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Alright, sounds encouraging. Gotta get my a/c fixed though...
gasperooch is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
  #2659  
Seasoned Member
 
Az87xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Tan Valley
Posts: 319
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
Alright, sounds encouraging. Gotta get my a/c fixed though...
Yeah ya do......What part of Arizona are you moving to?
Az87xj is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:40 PM
  #2660  
Junior Member
 
gasperooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 69
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Az87xj View Post
Yeah ya do......What part of Arizona are you moving to?
Looks like I will be in Mesa.
gasperooch is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM
  #2661  
CF Veteran
 
DESERTXJ206's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Glendale,Az
Posts: 1,458
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l 6Cyl
Default

Originally Posted by xjpioneer View Post

I haven't actually seen it myself, but there's rumor, I strongly believe, of a jeep graveyard out here called AMC salvage.. junkyard full of jeeps. There's also a lot of other junk yards out here too. Trails are everywhere out here, as well. Bring the xj out!
Dont get your hopes up, they do have about 8 mostly stripped xjs but they have a ton of used parts on hand ripped off the jeeps out in their lot.

They have a bunch of older jeep tubs and parts for the older style wranglers.
DESERTXJ206 is offline  
Old 06-21-2014, 02:08 PM
  #2662  
Junior Member
 
gasperooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 69
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Looks like the upull and pay out there has a few more jeeps than that.
http://www.upullandpay.com/phoenix/search-inventory
gasperooch is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM
  #2663  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 21
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Fluids

What kind of fluids does everyone like to run out here with the summer heat?

Oil,Trans, Coolant . . .
cmunson1 is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:23 PM
  #2664  
::CF Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 37,609
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by cmunson1 View Post
What kind of fluids does everyone like to run out here with the summer heat?

Oil,Trans, Coolant . . .
Rotella T5 or T6 with a Wix filter.

If auto trans, Dex/Merc ATF.

Coolant: whatever.
cruiser54 is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:24 PM
  #2665  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 67
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 H/O, K&N CAI, bored throttle body, header, 2 1/2 custom exaust w/ Flowmaster 44 O/R
Default

Going no doors full exo ( hunter offroad fabbing as we speak) after bad slam/ twisted top end of unibody. Have 3 good doors with tinted windows, 1 with. Slight dent. Both rears have holes where bushwakers were attached. Rear hatch complete, tinted, everything working. Both rear side windows tinted. And possibly a k&n CIA ( think I may have to do a cowl with the new high clearance fenders) color of body parts is tan. Anyone local have interest in any of these things? And can I get some opinions on what a fair price would be? Tia
cptmohog is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM
  #2666  
Seasoned Member
 
torque062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yuma
Posts: 420
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0, APN header & 2.5" exhaust
Default

Originally Posted by cmunson1 View Post
What kind of fluids does everyone like to run out here with the summer heat?

Oil,Trans, Coolant . . .
Rotella 15w40 cuz she's pretty loose and Napa Gold 1459 filter.

Manual trans is that Valvoline synthetic gear box stuff

Tcase is Dex 3 ATF

Diffs just some cheap 75w140
torque062 is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM
  #2667  
Seasoned Member
 
Az87xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Tan Valley
Posts: 319
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post

Rotella T5 or T6 with a Wix filter.

If auto trans, Dex/Merc ATF.

Coolant: whatever.
Hey man not questioning you cause I always respect your advise but a quick question...
If you can afford it would Royal Purple be better?
Az87xj is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
  #2668  
::CF Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 37,609
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Az87xj View Post
Hey man not questioning you cause I always respect your advise but a quick question...
If you can afford it would Royal Purple be better?
Nah. Go T6.
cruiser54 is offline  
Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM
  #2669  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: apache junction az.
Posts: 1
Model: Cherokee
Default arizona jeep

just bought a 89 Cherokee sport, not bas shape, but will go thru it before taking it 4 wheeling. apache junction az.
ronp1943@q.com is offline  
Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 PM
  #2670  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 36
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
just bought a 89 Cherokee sport, not bas shape, but will go thru it before taking it 4 wheeling. apache junction az.
Hey man have you taken it wheeling yet? I am in mesa and go out a lot
Silver[]lllllll[] is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: