Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

tie rod ends ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default tie rod ends ???

on another subject i need tie rod ends and the adjsuting arm, i think i have one of the right part and the right adjusting sleve, but, i submit this photo and pose a question...

http://www.4x4xplor.com/images/align...lignment01.jpg

to the left the tie rod end that fits in to the long tie rod end.... what should i be looking for..what i got at orielly's was two of the same thing almost.. ... any help appreciated.. thanks in advance
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by ayagle
on another subject i need tie rod ends and the adjsuting arm, i think i have one of the right part and the right adjusting sleve, but, i submit this photo and pose a question...

http://www.4x4xplor.com/images/align...lignment01.jpg

to the left the tie rod end that fits in to the long tie rod end.... what should i be looking for..what i got at orielly's was two of the same thing almost.. ... any help appreciated.. thanks in advance
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here, didn't understand your post too well.

Though if you're looking to replace your steering and on stock or fairly small rubbers why not go to a local junkyard with a pickle fork and pull a V8 Grand Cherokee Tierod, and a stock XJ draglink and call it a day?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0

I just did this. Get an alignment after it is done however, the passenger outer tie rod end is REALLY LONG. It attaches to the steering stabilizer as well. The three other ones (Driver Outer and both Inner TREs) look very similiar. Also you will want to get a pickle fork for removal and both tie rod sleeves (0ne long sleeve and one very short one). While your at it might as well change your steering stabilizer as well. Hope that helps.