Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

rustys

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default rustys

ive been doing a lot of reading on the forum and ive heard some good things and bad things about rustys off road lift kits. id like to have you oppinion on this because im thinking about ordering from them. anything would help thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

You are going to get a whole lot of opinions here. Bottom line unless the person has used their products their thoughts are pretty much useless. I have never used any of their steering and suspension parts. I know KTM used their springs once. So my best advice if someone says they suck and they have never used their product ignore them as their thoughts have no constructive use.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 H/O I6

their parts rust and need rebuilding more often than some of their competitiors lifts/ products. but everyone has different experiences and uses their vehicles in different manners.. just think, if you gotta spend a little more money now, youre not going to have to later on. just my two cents. good luck
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
You are going to get a whole lot of opinions here. Bottom line unless the person has used their products their thoughts are pretty much useless. I have never used any of their steering and suspension parts. I know KTM used their springs once. So my best advice if someone says they suck and they have never used their product ignore them as their thoughts have no constructive use.
dont mean to double post but i run their springs and i dont like them. their powdercoat is wearing off sooo bad. ive heard mostly negative, again just my 2 cents
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

i run their coil springs and love them, nice and plush but handle well. i live in the desert and do not notice any powder coat wear (still back IF i was them lol) i also run their shocks. i like them. their sway bar disconnects are not the best design if you are constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. i rarely disconnect mine so it doesnt bother me to much. their customer service is really good too, call them with a problem with their product and they will work to fix it on their dime
Old 03-13-2010, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 97

my coils never sagged but were super stiff. rear leafs sagged probably an inch before my passenger snapped. i snapped their track bar. the steering conversion danced around so bad on the trail and rolled on the road causing a huge dead spot in the steering. i ordered RR steering box brace from qtec but they sent me a rusty's instead. wouldnt be a problem but nothing lined up right. it was welded wrong and a tad to short. thats my experience with them. choose wisely
Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 inline 6 (o yea!)

I have their 3 inch add a leaf. Works well and I am happy with the springs. Only complaint is shocks wore out rather quickly after some trail use. Recommendation for this would be upgraded shocks. Their customer service is excellent and their tech guys seem to know a lot about actual installations.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

i run there front discos an there HD tie rod an havent had no problems i do agree with the whole problem with there front disco design its a pain to disconnect an reconnect but over all good so far
Old 03-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by 96_xj
i run their coil springs and love them, nice and plush but handle well. i live in the desert and do not notice any powder coat wear (still back IF i was them lol) i also run their shocks. i like them. their sway bar disconnects are not the best design if you are constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. i rarely disconnect mine so it doesnt bother me to much. their customer service is really good too, call them with a problem with their product and they will work to fix it on their dime
lucky you to be in such warm, dry, non salt/snow/ RUST conditions lol. here in new england good powdercoating is always a good thing
Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

Originally Posted by 93XJRay
lucky you to be in such warm, dry, non salt/snow/ RUST conditions lol. here in new england good powdercoating is always a good thing
haha i couldnt imagine dealing with the rust(on my own)! i am not a fan. my jeep is a 96 and every bolt i turn breaks loose with little effort and i never use PB blaster or WD 40 on anything. its like magic my buddies jeep was orginally from snowy Colorado and his is a pain to work on. i feel for ya. and

QUOTE: have their 3 inch add a leaf. Works well and I am happy with the springs. Only complaint is shocks wore out rather quickly after some trail use. Recommendation for this would be upgraded shocks. Their customer service is excellent and their tech guys seem to know a lot about actual installations.

if you call them up they will send replacements! thats what i did and i have a whole brand new set sitting here waiting to be put on when this pair goes out.