Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

pigtail connector???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default pigtail connector???

Hello this is Luke. Im newbie this site. Hello to everybody. I have 1993 Jeep Sport 4x4 4.0 6 cylinder. Have some problem issues. I have temp gauge problem. I took to my school auto class. My teacher found that we had missing pigtail connector. She took other engine and plug it was work on gauge! But it was belong to someone. So we called autozone, Advance, Napa, Jeep Dealership. They not have one. I have to look for pigtail connector. I went to Junkyard. There is four of jeep. One is 1993 and 3 of 2000. I check if they have one. ALL of them do not have one. What I suppose to do. I kept look for that. But I get give up. Any idea. Please help me. Also I want to know why it cause my engine died sometimes. During morning time I tried to crank up. I have to turn twice and got run I tried to push a little gas and they died. Again crank up and sometimes make it catch up gas to give more rpm to get warm up and let it idle without shutout ( die). I want to know why. I remember last time I drove about 10 minutes later they stall and died. I dont know why. Give me some idea.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a little hard to understand what you're saying, sorry. I think you may have other issues than the temp guage pigtail. You may have to find one that is closer to 1993 in order to get the right one. I don't know when they changed things around on them, but there folks here that probably do. I hope this helps you out a bit!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Sorry, I meant to say this too. Your running prblem sounds like it could be the crank position sensor. Most of the time it is just a faulty connection at the plug, or a burnt wire. Clean the conection at the plug, and check the wire for breaks or burnt spots. They like to get onto the exhaust manifold and burn, it's pretty sweet!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
Sorry, I meant to say this too. Your running prblem sounds like it could be the crank position sensor. Most of the time it is just a faulty connection at the plug, or a burnt wire. Clean the conection at the plug, and check the wire for breaks or burnt spots. They like to get onto the exhaust manifold and burn, it's pretty sweet!!
Yeah I have some problem grammar cause I am full deaf. Yes I got new crank position sensor, map sensor, tps sensor. All plugs are clean and plug tight as well. I did check 93 today for pigtial connector. Not have one. Either any stores not have one. I wonder how anybody can find one? See if whoever have one extra and could sell to me?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Do you hear banjos?

I have a Renix era XJ, so I'm no help in that regard. You may have to find another boneyard or (gulp) bite the bullet and go to the dealer. Sometimes it's the only option, I just hope you can find a used one...dealers are super pricey!! BTW, I work in the hearing health care industry, it's a small, strangly connected world sometimes!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM

I have a Renix era XJ, so I'm no help in that regard. You may have to find another boneyard or (gulp) bite the bullet and go to the dealer. Sometimes it's the only option, I just hope you can find a used one...dealers are super pricey!! BTW, I work in the hearing health care industry, it's a small, strangly connected world sometimes!!
My teacher jennifer is automotive. That how she helped me! She did CALL to AUTO-ZONE, Advance-Parts, Napa and the stupid dealership. They SAY DONT HAVE one like we asked! So I called some junkyards. They say have one. so I came today and looked . It was all is on front where coolant housing the temp sensor at. But I looked at (passenger side) below of the block where were pigtial plug with SMALL sensor (temp gauge sensor) They not have one. I just not understand why. ALl the wires loop with stud bolt as ground on (passenger side) on below block. Do you understand what I am talk about.I dont know what you are talk about health care. Sounds like insult?

Last edited by Go5.3tt06; 12-03-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1991

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
My teacher jennifer is automotive. That how she helped me! She did CALL to AUTO-ZONE, Advance-Parts, Napa and the stupid dealership. They SAY DONT HAVE one like we asked! So I called some junkyards. They say have one. so I came today and looked . It was all is on front where coolant housing the temp sensor at. But I looked at (passenger side) below of the block where were pigtial plug with SMALL sensor (temp gauge sensor) They not have one. I just not understand why. ALl the wires loop with stud bolt as ground on (passenger side) on below block. Do you understand what I am talk about.I dont know what you are talk about health care. Sounds like insult?
are you looking for a plug to go on this temp sensor
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by mike37
are you looking for a plug to go on this temp sensor
I already have one it is FRONT that where coolan housing plug with temp sensor. But there is TWO different name. One on passenger side on the block for pigtail connector for coolant gauge sensor. Black square sensor really small. That what Im try to find!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
I dont know what you are talk about health care. Sounds like insult?
Not an insult in anyway my friend. What I was saying is I work in the hearing health care industry. You had said in a previous post that you suffered from a total hearing loss and that is why your grammer was the way it is. I was just saying that I work in that field. The company I work for makes earpeices for behind the ear hearing aides. I was just pointing out how "small" a world it can be sometimes. Please take no offence to this, as I was simply making small talk. Have a good one, and good luck with your problem. I hope you find a solution quickly.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Not an insult in anyway my friend. What I was saying is I work in the hearing health care industry. You had said in a previous post that you suffered from a total hearing loss and that is why your grammer was the way it is. I was just saying that I work in that field. The company I work for makes earpeices for behind the ear hearing aides. I was just pointing out how "small" a world it can be sometimes. Please take no offence to this, as I was simply making small talk. Have a good one, and good luck with your problem. I hope you find a solution quickly.
It is all good. I understood. Yeah I lost hearing when I was 2 yrs old due high fever. It is cool.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

That pigtail is limited to 91-94 XJs and will be hard to find unless they have a guage and not the more common light. The guage has two pins and the light just one. An oil pressure pigtail may be able to be re-shaped to work, so if you find one of those you may grab it and try re-shaping it to fit your sender.
HTH
Old 12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1991

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
That pigtail is limited to 91-94 XJs and will be hard to find unless they have a guage and not the more common light. The guage has two pins and the light just one. An oil pressure pigtail may be able to be re-shaped to work, so if you find one of those you may grab it and try re-shaping it to fit your sender.
HTH
were on the motor is it located
cus I have a 91 with a guage and I don't see it on my motor
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by mike37
were on the motor is it located
cus I have a 91 with a guage and I don't see it on my motor
Thats stranger. How would you run gauge then? Once I will take picture from other owner who has. I cant find one to put on mine. How can I run no gauge temp! I need to have gauge temp to work.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
HTH
Could you show me for that?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1987

were not sying ur arguing at all, some of us are just trrying to figure it as well. i didnt see it on my buddys 93 eather, but he has same issue hope fully u can find the parts u need

Quick Reply: pigtail connector???