Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Moody XJ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5L AMC 4 Cylinder
Exclamation Moody XJ...

Hey guys so i have another question for the jeep that is driving me mad lately.. So I took a trip recently checked everything as it was running great and got the exhaust fixed.. all it needed was a new stud and gasket which quieted it down and helped it out a lot. anyway i took it for a 1400 mile round trip and had no issues but i did noticed it getting a little hot or it seemed like it.. Coolant i thought was fine till a friend mentioned it might be low and so i added some and it ran a little better. anyway thats not the issue, it drove great if not better than i expected it to. So about a week later I let my dad drive it to move some stuff and i get in it to go to work the next day.. Immediatly i notice something wrong.. I was noticing a rough Idle and a huge lack of power out of my 4 cylinder.. it kinda felt like the A/C clutch became stuck engadged and causing the motor to work harder to run the belt but thats not the case gladly. today I drove it a bit more and noticed that my clutch was losing what looked like pressure not even being touched and i had to really press it to get it to engage the trans and at least once i couldn't shift to first. Now this is my first Hydraulic clutch, is there anything I should know? I've looked at the fluid and it was up to the top .. is it something else?

1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door
2.5L AMC 4 Cylinder
5 Speed Transmission with Hydraulic clutch
Broken A/C Line..