Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Lift kit opinions explode

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default Lift kit opinions explode

Hey guys I recently went at it with a couple guys who said rough country lifts r complete s*** and the only good lift at all is a currie lift, they also said no Xj could ever be better than a rubicon. I myself defended the rough country lifts considering that I have one and it works great so far. They also have great customer service. This came from guys who drive mustangs and have never owned a jeep! Give me some facts and opinions to prove these guys wrong or correct their thinking! Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 AM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

Rough country has a lifetime warranty on all parts. And from personal experiance, i have called and said I had on bad lower arm bushing, they sent me two NEW arms with new bushings. The I blew a right rear shock, they sent me 2 NEW upgraded shocks. All this was done with no questions asked. Currie is good, if you just want to pay for a name and dont really care about the quality of the parts.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 renix 4.7 soon to drop back in

I have been runnig there 4.5" x series close to a year now and i have ZERO complaints comfortable enough to drive daily and tuff enough for me to beat the **** out of it. and for those who say upgrade the shocks well i didn't still luvin it
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 AM

Year: 1995

Originally Posted by 4low-is the way to go
This came from guys who drive mustangs and have never owned a jeep!

I think that's all you need to know!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Unfortunately brand loyalty can cloud judgment.

The INTERNET is full of opinions, both pro and con, about every brand out there.

Instead of bashing a brand, point out the reasons that you made the choice you did. Remember that the things you find to valuable may be less important to the next guy.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Year: 1998

You can go at it all day with "wrangler vs xj" or "this brand vs that brand". In the end, who really cares? Everything has its pros and cons. If you're happy with it that's all that matters
Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Year: 90

no one should care who has what lift all we should care bout is wheeling with our friends an tearing s***t up on the weekends thats why we get into it for the fun not to prove who has the better lift i think ppl forget bought that sumtimes
Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM

I agree with you guys. I'm happy with how my jeep is and after all the hard work I put into it it really grinds yr gears when some know nothings call ur jeep s*** lol
Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

People are funny they seem to never ask or read specs for materials used on products ...Also I find it funny when I hear company X's coils/leafs vs company Y's b/c most of them are same coil/leafs manufactured in same place .
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Yea exactly , seems like alot of the times people pay more for the name that the quality of the product. IMO rough country is a great reliable suspension and they care about their customers satisfaction! Not to say other companies do not
Old 03-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Tell the mustang guy..his opinion is worthless with out any hands on knowledge. Tell him to "speak of what you know and keep your trap shut about things you dont."Or tell him to get back on his pony and ride off into the sun set.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AutomaticKrackr
Tell the mustang guy..his opinion is worthless with out any hands on knowledge. Tell him to "speak of what you know and keep your trap shut about things you dont."Or tell him to get back on his pony and ride off into the sun set.
Haha that's a great idea man . I've owned a wrangler and now an Xj and honestly is what u prefer they are both jeeps and that's all that matters in my book
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

didn't read anything but the first post....

Anyone who thinks "this" vs "that" is ALWAYS better no matter what, and ONLY one brand is ok, has a very narrow mind and limited resources. makes having this conversation with said idiot not worth the time. there mind can not open up to understand that everything is a balance and one could be better is some ways and worse in others... comments like ONLY Currie is a good lift speaks enough for its self... they are a quality company. but it doesn't mean its the best $, fit, or way to go for ME. thank god there are many brands to push the market to be leading edge and change theres to compete, for my business and the edge on the market. It ensures a good product to be made.

Wrangles ARE better then Cherokee's. Cherokee's ARE better then Wrangles. they are VERY different, even though they are a lot a like. wheel base, number of doors, solid roof, interior, price, cargo space, frame vs unibody......

IT's ALL opinion. no need to argue. opinions are based OFF one persons thoughts however incomplete they may be....

these battles/conversations aren't worth talking about. my XJ plows threw things my buddies TJ struggles hard on, and my XJ struggles where my buddy's TJ fly's threw. they are both capable in different ways for different areas...

just laugh and shake it off.

Last edited by Gorillaxj; 03-20-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Totally agree with you gorillaxj. Everyone always has to have their word in I mean we all have jeeps and I don't know one JEEP owner that doesn't respect another mans jeep or truck for that matter
Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM

Year: 1998

You should tell him that the only real muscle car is a Camaro, just for payback haha. He will probably go to his mustang forum and start a thread similar to this!

Quick Reply: Lift kit opinions explode